When I Can Lift Weights and Run After FUE Hair Transplant?

hi all, 15 days ago I made a FUE HT. The clinic advised me to rest 14 days for lifting weights. It's been a while and I have really wanted to go to the gym, but I read on forums that care must be taken with blood pressure and pulse after a HT, do not know if this is true or not, I made a mess. Most doctors say that after 14 days and you can go to the gym, I'm a fan of deadlifts, press and squats Also I have another question, is I can start taking pills multivitamin omega 3 and 15 after my HT?

Exercise after hair transplant

Two weeks sounds about right for your rather strenuous excercise routine. However it is best to follow the instructions of your surgeon as he/she has all the details of your surgery and any use of ancillary medications that might present problems. 

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Down time after a hair transplant and recovery

It is best to follow the advice of your FUE hair transplant doctor. It depends on the size of the case and other factors.  It can be 3-14 days before you can engage in such activities. The vitamins and such, should be ok soon after the procedure.  

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Exercising after hair transplant procedure

Usually light work out is fine after ten days. For more aggressive work out, I recommend to wait three weeks. It is better to follow your doctor's instruction.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Exercise Post Surgery

Two weeks off of strenuous exercise sounds normal for most procedures, please make sure to check with your doctor.

Consult your doctor about exercising and medication 2 weeks after a hair transplant

Thank you for your questions. As your clinic suggested, you should be fine to start exercising again 14 days after your hair transplant. Multivitamins should not cause problems either, but we always recommend that you consult with the doctor that did your procedure before making a decision, as they know your specific situation. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask your doctor

Most patients can exercise few days after surgery.  Each doctor has their own recommendations.  The correct recommendation for you is what your doctor recommends.  

It is always a good idea to check with your doctor before starting or stopping any medications.  Keep your doctor in the loop.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Exercise after FUE

After 3-4 days, short of swimming, you can do any exercise you want, even run a marathon. heaving lifting is ok. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Activity after FUE

You should be ok to resume your activities at the gym at 14 days, but you should confirm with your surgeon what their specific instructions are to your case and the size of the transplant.  

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon