Can CoolSculpt done on inner thighs leave saggy or crepey skin? (Photo)

I am considering cool sculpt on my inner thighs. Just had done on my lower abdomen 8 days ago and that went well with no bruising, just numbness for the first week. But, at 56 , although I exercise regularly with strength training and have a more muscular build, 5'1, 115 lbs. , my skin is very thin and I notice some saggy, crepy skin now on my inner thighs and lower abdomen. Will this be worse after cool sculpt?

Can CoolSculpt done on inner thighs leave saggy or crepey skin?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell without examining you. CoolSculpting usually does not result in loose skin. However, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a good candidate. An in-person assessment is always best.
Regards,

Coolsculpting on thighs lead to sagging?

It is a theoretic concern but my experience has shown this doesn't occur in my patients. It probably can occur in small number of people. I would discuss with your doctor.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Coolsculpting and Sagging Skin

Coolsculpting removes fat locally and usually slightly tightens the skin.  if you already have lose or hanging skin then you need to have skin removal or thermiRF tightening at the same time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for the question and the photos. It is difficult to answer your question without examining you. However from looking at your photos you certainly could be a candidate for Coosculpting for your thighs. Cool sculpting helps to freeze the fat and overtime to diminish the amount of fat that you have  in the treated area. It is not meant to tighten the skin you do have to continue with your fitness program which may help tighten the skin. However for those patients who have extra skin and extra fat they may need both both cool sculpting and a skin tightening procedure. I would recommend for you to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

CoolSculpting and Loose Inner Thigh Skin

CoolSculpting will not significantly tighten skin in the area treated, however, it will also not make your loose skin any worse. Usually, in areas where there is both fat and loose skin a combination treatment of CoolSculpting and a skin tightening procedure work to give the best results. Please see an experienced provider who has a variety of different treatments to address your concerns. Best wishes.

Coolsculpting and Inner Thighs NYC

Coolsculpting is fabulous for reducing the fat in the inner and outer thighs.  However, it will not help sagging skin.  I often treat patients with Coolsculpting and Thermage for just this reason.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr Green

CoolScupting for the inner thighs

you appear to be in very good shape and thin.  At 56, your skin appears to be sagging a little bit.  CoolScupting is very helpful for diminishing the fat underneath your skin, and without examination I would not be able to tell you if there is any fat on the skin.  We have however, in the past performed CoolScupting for the inner thighs for many patients in your shape with excellent results.  All you need is a proper examination by experienced plastic surgeon.

Hi and thanks for your question. It is unlikely that coolsculpting will create saggy or loose skin but will probably not improve it either. 

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Is saggy skin possible after CoolSculpting to inner thighs?

CoolSculpting does not provide any skin tightening when it is used for fat reduction.  Most people have skin that is still elastic enough to conform to the new contour after a CoolSculpting treatment.  Some people already have an issue with excess skin before the treatment, and these people could see some additional sagging of skin after the procedure.  The most common area for this problem is the abdomen.  It is difficult to evaluate the condition of the skin of your thighs from a photograph.  An exam would be helpful to get further information.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon