6 weeks post op, right breast bottomed out? (Photo)

I am almost 6 weeks post op, and i believe my right breast has bottomed out. the nipple is a lot higher than the left, and the crease is a lot lower than the left. it's squishy and i feel there is some air in the right breast..it is also dropped quite lower. In certain positions, i could also see the seperation of the breast tissue and the implant. The side view also does not show as much "curve" as the left breast. 375cc mod+ unders round texture silicone implants. and if i am, what can i do?

Yes. Bottomed Out

Thank you for your picture.  You will need a revision.  I would use STRATTICE® to act as an internal support to prevent bottoming out from occurring again.

Dr. ES

Bottoming Out

It does appear that the implant has fallen lower than the intended inframammary fold.  This gives the appearance of the "double bubble," which you may have heard.  Ask your surgeon about timing for this correction.  There are options you can discuss.

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Bottomed out breast implant

You are correct in that you have bottomed out. Discuss this with your surgeon as you will be needing revisionary surgery.

6 weeks post op, right breast bottomed out?

Yes, it does appear that your right breast has bottomed out but don't worry, this can be corrected in surgery with a few sutures! Go see your surgeon to discuss your options and go from there.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

See your surgeon for revision

Please see your surgeon for an assessment. It looks like you'll probably need revision surgery to correct this. 

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing after breast augmentation surgery. Based on your description and picture, it seems like you are experiencing a breast implant displacement problem.

Generally, the "bottoming out" breast implant displacement can be corrected using an internal suture technique, decreasing the size of the pockets and moving the implant upwards.  The use of acellular dermal matrix is an option, especially for patients with poor skin elasticity/support, recurrence of breast implants placement problems, and/or significant rippling/palpability of breast implants.  I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to  revisionary breast surgery concerns) helps. 

Bottoming out

Yes, it appears that way.  You have a very nice result otherwise.  I simple suture support to that implant can be performed to correct this.  Best wishes!

Bottoming out

You do indeed have bottoming out. This can usually be easily fixed by placing a number of sutures in the bottom of the pocket to allow the breast implant to sit at a higher level. You should wait at least six months following the surgery to perform this procedure.

Leonard A. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon