My PS suggested Punch excision. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hello! Im looking for second, third or more opionions before going through the procedure. PS suggested to do punch excision on my deep scars on my nose. Is this the right and only path to take for these types of scars?? Please advice! thank you all so much.

Punch excision for deep box car scars

Punch excision is an option. In my opinion, not the best one. Grafting could work but there are other ways to make it better. There are ways to get these scars to raise up with lasering or peels. TCA deep peels can help raise the up. This is often called TCA CROSS using 80% or stronger TCA. But I have changed things to use lasering in a much more effective way.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

My PS suggested Punch excision. Any suggestions

Thank you for your question.  Excisional removal of the deep scar, lasers, chemical peels, and dermabrasion are all good options.  Best wishes. 

TCA CROSS, punch exc

Really need a close examination to give you accurate options, sure, punch excision can be conducted for deep scars, TCA CROSS is another option, multiple fractional lasers, or energy based microneedling devices can also help. 

I suggest consulting a procedural plastics or dermatologist for a through assessment, one photograph at this angle can give us a rough idea, but a face to face consultation is needed for absolute accuracy. All the best,

Dr Davin Lim. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Deep Scars on Nose/Punch Excision?--TCA Cross, laser, surgery--See an expert

You would benefit from TCA CROSS and laser treatments.  I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist who is a specialist in laser procedures, scars, and surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.