My PS suggested Punch excision. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hello! Im looking for second, third or more opionions before going through the procedure. PS suggested to do punch excision on my deep scars on my nose. Is this the right and only path to take for these types of scars?? Please advice! thank you all so much.

Doctor Answers 4

Punch excision for deep box car scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Punch excision is an option. In my opinion, not the best one. Grafting could work but there are other ways to make it better. There are ways to get these scars to raise up with lasering or peels. TCA deep peels can help raise the up. This is often called TCA CROSS using 80% or stronger TCA. But I have changed things to use lasering in a much more effective way.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

My PS suggested Punch excision. Any suggestions

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  Excisional removal of the deep scar, lasers, chemical peels, and dermabrasion are all good options.  Best wishes. 

TCA CROSS, punch exc

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Really need a close examination to give you accurate options, sure, punch excision can be conducted for deep scars, TCA CROSS is another option, multiple fractional lasers, or energy based microneedling devices can also help. 

I suggest consulting a procedural plastics or dermatologist for a through assessment, one photograph at this angle can give us a rough idea, but a face to face consultation is needed for absolute accuracy. All the best,

Dr Davin Lim. 

Deep Scars on Nose/Punch Excision?--TCA Cross, laser, surgery--See an expert

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You would benefit from TCA CROSS and laser treatments.  I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist who is a specialist in laser procedures, scars, and surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.