Does this punch excision appear to be healing correctly? (photo)

This is day six after a punch excision. I am concerned about scarring. I use peroxide on the site and put Vaseline on every day and cover with bandage. I have experienced no pain and little issue, but this morning I did not a small trace of blood. This is day 6. Stitches to be cut out in three days. Should I see the doc before then?

Wound healing question

Thank you for your inquiry.  I would recommend directing inquiries about a recent surgical wound to your surgeon.  I have found that use of Alevicyn during the postoperative healing process leads to substantially faster healing of wounds such as this.

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Punch Biopsy - Wound Healing; silicone based scar gels with growth factors

This appears to be a normal healing process. I suggest using normal saline instead of hydrogen peroxide as this damages the surrounding skin and can actually slow down the wound healing process.  Please consult with an expert if you experience further concerns. Best, Dr. Emer

Does this punch excision appear to be healing correctly?

Thank you for your question and photograph. The redness is normal and is termed "reactive erythema" and indicates the body's healing response to the area of punch biopsy. Continue to apply the Vaseline but stop with the hydrogen peroxide as this irritates normal healing tissues.  Be sure to maintain close follow up with your surgeon to ensure an uncomplicated continued healing process. Hope this helps.