How long does it take for swelling due to MiraDry treatment to go down? It's been four days.

I got MiraDry a four days ago and while I have yet to break a sweat (HOORAY!), I still have a lot of swelling. My armpits are still the size a golf ball. There is not really any pain anymore and not much numbness left either. I was told that the saline used during the procedure would eventually dissolve in the body. How long does that take? When will my armpits be back to normal?

Swelling after Miradry

I have co-authored a book on Miradry and continue to see very positive results with the treatment. Swelling is normal, but I advise my patients to take some ibuprofen and Swell X after treatment to help with swelling. In addition, lymphatic massage with Plato's Scar Serum may help. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Swelling improves in 2 weeks or so

The swelling usually takes about two weeks to resolve. If you sleep on several pillows, or in a recliner, swelling will go down more quickly.  Also, light massage can be very helpful in helping your body to resorb the fluid.

Swelling after miraDry treatment.

Congrats on your results, I'm happy for you! The swelling you are experiencing is normal, and could last for 2-3 weeks. Taking some Ibuprofen can help, as well as continuing to ice the area and avoiding strenuous exercise. Hang in there, the results are well worth it.

#swellingaftermiradry    #sideeffectsofmiradry   #iswellingnormal

MiraDry and swelling

Thank you for your question and for sharing your experience. I would expect your schooling to last for two weeks. After this you should be able to return to normal activities without too much swelling or discomfort.

Swelling after miraDry

Hi and thank you for your question!

It can take up to 2 weeks for the swelling to go down after MiraDry. By that time your underarms should appear back to normal. Most of the numbing and saline solution should be absorbed within a few hours.
For a complementary consultation, please call our office and set that up with our Nurse Practitioner, Jennifer Tinelli.

310-827-2653

Grant Stevens, MD

Swelling

The miraDry® system eliminates the underarm sweat glands, and the sweat glands don’t grow back after treatment. This results in a dramatic and lasting reduction of embarrassing underarm sweat. In a clinical study, patients experienced an average of 82% reduction in underarm sweat. You should notice a reduction in sweat immediately after a single miraDry® treatment. As with any medical procedure, results will vary by person. 80% of our patients need only one treatment. Secondary effects include underarm hair and odor reduction. 

It can take up to 3 weeks for swelling to go away.  Most of the swelling should be gone by 1 week.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Recovery from the miraDry procedure - Buffalo Niagara miraDry

miraDry is a great procedure and occasionally, some patients will develop tissue induration and localized lymphedema which will go away within 3 weeks.

Bioflavonoids like Swell-X will help.

Read the moraDry book on the link below.

Miradry Recovery

Hi SNTucker, 

You can expect minimal to no downtime following the procedure.

You should be able to return to normal activities or work right away, and you can typically resume exercise within several days.

Localized soreness or swelling is normal, and usually clears within a few weeks, but may last 1-2 months. Some patients have temporary altered sensation in their underarm or upper arm skin, which gradually disappears. Secondary effects include underarm hair and odor reduction.  

I hope this answers your questions.
Dr. Chwalek

Jennifer Chwalek, MD