Why didn't my brow lift hold? (Photo)

At a loss, don't know what to do. Surgeon says looks good. Cortical tunnels with internal sutures 6/7/16. Two incisions which left a gap didn't heal nicely at all.My brows/lids are back as before. Forehead and scalp still tingly and numb in spots. All over hair loss. Main concerns now, can I have a redo, which procedure is best?Waited so long for this, saved up $ only to have it fail. Parents think I'm nuts. Looked in the mirror 38 yrs I know what I look like and know what I WANTED to look like.

Coronal brow lift is the answer

you can't rely on sutures to hold the brows in place. In fact, you can't rely on sutures to hold anything long term on the face. During the brow lift, the surgeon has to be in the correct plane (subgaleal), and perform a wide dissection releasing all the right attachments from the bone. Achieving this with few small incisions is near impossible. Usually subperiosteal dissection is performed during endoscopic brow lift, which I don't agree. Staying under a very tight fascia (bony lining) won't give a desired correction. Even if some may be scared from longer coronal incisions, it is the ultimate procedure for longer lasting and natural results. And I personally place coronal incision inside the hairline and when the incision heals, you can't even find the incision. If you don't want any scars, than it's better not to get anything done, rather than relying on small incisions with few suture threads. 

Panama City Plastic Surgeon

Revision Browlift ?

A revision Browlift  is what you need. I cannot tell you why the first procedure failed but the result you are seeking can be accomplished by an experienced brow lift surgeon. If your hairline is already high enough the incision should be done at the hairline with the  Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Incision which will not show a scar We developed this operation 35 years ago for patients who did not want their hair line raised. The brow lift in my opinion is much more stable as well and I have not had to revise any of these surgeries  

Brow Lift

Without seeing before pictures it is difficult to say if your surgeon may have just been a bit conservative in your surgery. I believe in doing an open brow lift as opposed to the type of lift you had.  My results are consistent and they last. You do have a slightly longer recovery time, but the results are well worth it. My incisions are hidden either in the scalp or at the hairline. They hide well. The numbness and tingling you are experiencing should get better with time. Remember, it can take 6 months to a year for ALL of the swelling to resolve and for you to have your final result.

Felix Bopp, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift failed

Thank you for the question. I think your first step should be to discuss your disappointment with your plastic surgeon. Feedback and communication is so important in cosmetic surgery. There are different types of brow lifts, i.e. Endoscopic, pretrichal, lateral subcutaneous, etc. My suggestion is that an alternative technique from the one you got originally may help. If not your PS, seek out an experienced surgeon who can guide you. There is a solution for you out there. I wish you the best.

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon

Why Didn't My Brow Lift Hold

I cannot tell you why your brow lift did not hold but I suggest you consider the Irregular Trichophytic Incision Technique that we described many year ago so you don't raise your hairline further. Hair will grow through the hairline so the incision is not seen and you can actually lower the hairline to reduce your forehead at the same time. Results with this technique are much more predictable.