Is it possible to have a hair transplant to the nape area of my head? (photos)

If this is possible could it be done in conjunction with filling in patches on m sides. I have a hairline but just behind my hairline on the left and right side it is bald. Always been that way. I think hereditary.

Nape Transplant

I suppose this could be accomplished but I would like to see a photo to be more accurate.
The other areas you refer to could easily be accomplished.

New York Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair to neck

Thank you for the photos. This is an unusual request.  However, it can be done.  Orientation is critical to ensure a natural result.  It is possible you have some traction loss from pony tails if you wear your hair up daily.  Sometimes, the hair will com back if you reduce traction.

Tim Neavin, MD

I want a transplant in the nape of my neck

This is an unusual request. I would have to examine you and take a careful history from you so that we are on the same line. Scalp micropigmentation in this area has worked well. See the web reference below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant

Yes you can have hair transplant in those areas.  Since the direction of hair is very important and requires skills, it is important that it is done by a experienced hair restoration specialist  to make it look natural.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Yes but SMP works too

It is possible to have hair transplant anywhere on the body, including the nape of the neck.  You first need an exam to make sure you are a good candidate for surgery with good donor hair. 

Other option which have worked well in the past is Scalp MicroPigmentation (SMP).

See link below of a women who had SMP to her temples (not hair transplant).

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplants in traction alopecia

Theoretically hair could be transplanted to the nape.  

However you may want to see a dermatologist to discuss options to limit traction alopecia (your likely diagnosis) long term and to assess for various forms of hair scarring. 

A hair transplant might not be successful unless various hair styling practices are carefully looked into.