Does Vigorous Massage (Vibrating Massager Machine) Make Skin Dimpling/looseness Worse After Abdominal Vaser Lipo?

I had a small amount of fat removed from under my naval (around half a liter) I remember it looked smooth and flat as soon as it was finished I am almost 3 weeks in now and the lumps and bumps are rather hard and the skin looks stapled to certain parts and wrinkly and disgusting in others. I just had a massage therapist massage the area with her machine for about 20 mins. When I looked at it again it was bright red and even more wrinkly than before. Is such a vigorous/deep massage beneficial?

Vaser lipo and massage

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You should really contact your surgeon regarding how he/she would want you to treat the area after surgery.

Post Vaser Lipo Massaging

Thank you for your question. We like to use the Velashape for this type of problem, or the Vasershape by Sound Surgical. The improvement is dramatic, and weekly treatments for 5-6 treatments can make a profound improvement. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon