Does Femilift Work for Vaginal Tightening?

Femilift for Vaginal Tightening, Does it Work, How Well, How Long do Results Last, Options, Considerations

This is a great question because many new procedures are being marketed as nonsurgical alternatives. Here's the lowdown:

Femilift, the Mona Lisa Touch, and the IntimaLaser procedures are nonsurgical laser procedures that treat the skin of the vaginal canal. They use the same technology of fractional laser skin peeling used for the face. These procedures are examples of laser vaginal tightening (LVT) - actually laser vaginal skin tightening.

When the vagina loosens after childbirth, it's the muscles that have loosened. The skin stretches too, but the distances between the levator muscles (Kegel muscles) and the muscles of perineum is commonly permanently widened. In addition, the attachments of pelvic floor muscles, the bladder, and the rectum can become damaged. Procedures generally known as vaginoplasty and pelvic floor reconstruction are designed to fix the damage, tighten the muscles, and tighten the skin to create a long lasting and effect solution. LVT, cures none of these things. It's designed to provide a mild superficial and temporary shrink to the vaginal skin only, not the muscles and not to damage to the pelvic floor. It's a trade-off. If you want something that works well and lasts a long time, consider vaginoplasty. If you want something nonsurgical with no downtime that's less expensive, that yields milder, temporary results, then LVT might be your thing. For my patients, the decision process is similar to choosing between Botox and a facelift. They both improve wrinkles, but one requires a much larger commitment of time, courage and dollars. I offer both options in my center and my patients appreciate the opportunity to explore all of their alternatives.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Femi Lift and vaginal tightening?

Our patients here at North Valley Plastic Surgery have reported that they do appreciate vaginal tightening after the 2nd or 3rd treatment session. We have had 100% patient satisfaction to date among the 20-25 patients treated. We have also paired the Femi Lift with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections (O-Shot) that we administer after the 2nd Femi Lift treatment.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Femi Lift and vaginal tightening?

Non-invasive Vaginal Tightening

FemiLift is a great non-invasive option for vaginal tightening. In addition to tightening, FemiLift treatment benefits include:

FDA-approved
Non-surgical procedure
No pain
Vaginal tightening
Increased lubrication
Decreases incontinence
Can help restore sexual gratification
Restore a youthful vagina
Strengthens the ligaments around the bladder and urethra

I recommend consulting with a qualified provider for a full consultation.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Non-invasive Vaginal Tightening

FDA-approved
Non-surgical procedure
No pain
Vaginal tightening
Increased lubrication
Decreases incontinence
Can help restore sexual gratification
Restore a youthful vagina

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Vaginal tightening: what works and what is dangerous

The important thing to realize is that industry is aware of the growing attention to vaginal condition and it's connection to women's confidence and sexual pleasure in modern times.  There are many companies that are trying to capitalize on these concerns.  These "new technologies" exist not because they are efficacious or offer something beneficial but rather because there is an extremely profitable market.  These lasers claim to promote "vaginal health" without even qualifying what that statement means.  The most common draw is the concept of "vaginal tightening."  The thought is that coagulative contraction would cause shrinkage of the vaginal walls making a tighter vagina.  This simply doesn't work and if it did would cause big problems.  The important thing to understand is that the vagina does not naturally get tightness from its lining.  During climax the vagina can open up significantly and there is enough surface area of lining in a young and tight vagina to allow a baby through.  Vaginal tightness comes from muscular sling and soft tissue.  Laxity can be attributed to both less tone and less soft tissue from atrophy.  Attempts to directly tighten the vagina like excisional vaginoplasty almost invariably lead the to pain with intercourse.  If we were able to tighten the vagina with a laser the result would be similar.  Many techniques toughted to tighten the vagina are simply caustic agents that irritate and inflame the vagina which leads to dryness that can feel like tightening but a dry vagina is not a good thing.  I recommend staying away from these technologies.  I perform vaginoplasty in my practice by directly addressing the problem-soft tissue atrophy.  I use a special technique of fat grafting to pad, soften and tighten the vaginal walls.  I also use this technique to lower the g-spot so it is more engaged in penetrative intercourse dramatically increasing pleasure and orgasmic potential.  Patients report much more pleasurable sex for both partners, increased intensity and frequency of orgasms and improved lubrication.  The procedure is commonly combined with a MACIE-labiaplasty.  Stay away from lasers and incisions in your vagina!  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Tightening effects

Vaginal tightness is improved with non-surgical and surgical procedures.  The first recommendation is to make sure that you are doing Kegals on a regular basis.  Of course this isn't the "complete fix" for everyone, but there good reason to do these exercises since vaginal tightness is based on several components.  The pelvis has a very strong muscular component that helps hold all organs in place and stabilizes the core.  Then the ligament and connective tissue components also keep the organs in place and are present under the vaginal mucosa (vaginal skin) and make the tissue more or less tight or relaxed.  Finally, within the mucosa           (skin) itself, there is collagen and blood flow that helps to maintain the skin tightness.  The laser treatments and the RF treatments (ThermiVA) will lead to a tightening of the mucosa (skin) layers and some of the more superficial connective tissues.  To determine if the laxity is going to be best treated with these therapies or another treatment, a specialist in pelvic floor disorders can help determine what the best treatment for you.

Jennifer Klauschie, MD
Glendale Urogynecologist

Tightening effects

Jennifer Klauschie, MD
Glendale Urogynecologist

Femilift For Vaginal Tightening

Femilift can afford some patients a level of vaginal tightening.   The micro injury from the CO2 Laser stimulates collagen growth which improves tissue thickness and health.     As patients see an improvement in natural moisture and bladder confidence they may also see more pleasure and sensitivity with sex.   Typically patients who  wanted  to improve vaginal looseness had only 1 option, a surgical repair.   So Femilift gives patients who notice looseness or laxity after childbirth an opportunity to improve sensitivity and vaginal tightness in a non surgical manner.

Femilift For Vaginal Tightening

What to Expect During a Femilift Treatment?

FemiLift treatments are performed in the office by a trained physician. Generally no anesthesia is required though topical numbing creme may be applied. The procedure takes less than 30 minute, after which you can go home or back to work right away. During treatment, a probe is inserted into the vaginal canal, allowing effective treatment of the targeted areas. The 360 rotation featured in the FemiLift handpiece ensures optimal precision and will allow the practitioner to target specific areas quickly and efficiently. Once the treatment is over, you will likely notice positive improvements right away. Ideal results are obtained with three treatments one month apart.

Femilift for vaginal tightening?

Hi and thank you for your question.  Yes Femilift  can improve vaginal tightness.  Femilift is a fractionated CO2 laser which treats the vaginal mucosa circumferentially to improve vaginal moisture, tightness, sensation and bladder control.  The laser makes tiny  "holes" in 20% of the mucosa, this causes increased collagen production and blood flow, thus improving the thickness and laxity of the vaginal canal.  Femilift requires 3 treatments spaced 1 month apart with yearly maintenance.  We have also paired the Femilift with PRP, the "O-Shot"  and have had great results with this as well.  You should consult with a trained physician to ensure that you are an appropriate candidate for treatment.   

Femilift for vaginal tightening?

Femilift for vaginal tightening

This can be a little tough to answer because vaginal tightening means different things to different folks. In general, my answer would be yes, but I would want to see the patient to confirm that they were going to be happy with the end result. I have treated many patients and have yet to have one that has not been happy with their results. The procedure works awesome! 

Femilift for vaginal tightening

Does it work?

The Femilift works, surprisingly well, for improving sexual sensitivity, urinary incontinence, improves vaginal dryness and has great results.

Does it work?