Can I Undergo Vaser Liposuction for Belly Area if I have PCOS?

Hi i am 20 years old.I have been treated for pcos from 6 years.I was 97 kg and i was put on metformin and deviry for regular periods.Now i am 75 kgs.I have reduced my overall weight except for my belly.I have been treated by an endocrinologist.Can i undergo Vaser Liposuction for my belly area?Are there any side effects or risks?please help me.

Undergoing Vaser Liposuction if Treated for PCOS

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

An ideal  #candidate for Vaser Liposuction is a person in good health who seeks a minimally invasive way to remove stubborn fat with less downtime than traditional #liposuction.  Vaser is ideal for those seeking improved definition of muscles and contouring.  Those who seek increased sculpting of are ideal vaser lipo candidates. PCOS it not typically a contraindication to the vaser procedure.  In many cases, plastic surgery can be done with some health conditions. It just depends on the medical condition at the time. In addition to a required one-on-one consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures. Also, every patient is screened for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures. By acquiring clearance from your primary, any specialists you may see and your board certified plastic surgeon, you will further confirm if vaser would help you. 

There are three types of #Vaser Lipo. Each benefit patients differently depending on their needs. Vaser Lipo  is capable of removing fat from resilent areas providing a smoother and slimmer results. It is common for reducing love handles, extra skin along the bra line or flanks on many female patients. Additionally, it is often applied to the reduction of male breast surgeries, called gynecomastia surgery. Meanwhile, Vaser Hi-Def  targets both deep and superficial fat cells which is found around muscle tissue. This is suggested to tone and defined rather than reduce fat when not necessary. Finally, Vaser #4D, although similar to Vaser Hi-Def works well with the existing muscle tissue.. However, it results in more natural appearing definition to those areas, being treated. Vaser 4D is often applied to treating abdominal region to improve definition.  Additionally, it's not uncommon for Vaser Liposuction to combined with fat transfer which removes and transfers fat to another area of the body. 

It's best to begin consulting with a board certified plastic surgery to learn if you are a candidate for liposuction. If so, you will then learn more about which #technique will work best for you and your goals. It is important you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with #vaser #liposuction. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.

PCOS and Vaser Liposuction

There are no contraindications to Vaser Liposuction when one has PCOS. As with all surgeries, Vaser liposuction has its risks of complications. Some potential complications include contour irregularities, seroma, scar, and infection. 

Thanks for your question!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

PCOS is not a contraindication for Liposuction

Thanks for your question.

Polycystic ovary syndrome is associated with an impaired metabolism and excessive weight gain.  From your posting, you seem to be on the way to a correction of your metabolic rate.  As you probably already know, Vaser liposuction is not a weight reduction procedure, rather a body shaping one.  If this is what you are looking for, then there is no contraindication for those receiving treatment for PCOS (providing they are not obese).

The risks associated with Vaser are all the usual ones for cosmetic surgery.  That's to say post-operative swelling, bruising, and numbness.  These all typical subside within 2 weeks to 4 months.  Other risks include infection, seroma formation, uneven contours, and scarring.  To get a better sense of your personal risk factors, you should consult with a surgeon specializing in Vaser lipo.