Should I get Vaser Lipo in Multiple Areas in One Process?

I am at the beginning stage of deciding wether to have vaser LipoSelection. I am 31 years old, have had two children and would like to get Lipo on my upper/lower abdomin, inner/upper thighs, hips. The cosmetic surgeon also suggested lightly sculpturing my buttocks at the same time. Im wondering if I have the procedure done in all these places at the same time will the pain be too much to bear. I am also very nervous about being in the "twilight sedation" and if I will be able to feel alot of pain. Can you please let me know your thoughts?

Liposuction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

First of all, you should consult with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. There is no need for twilight or general anesthesia. I perform 300 - 400 liposuction cases annually and do them all under local anesthesia.  In a situation like yours I might divide into two procedures, abdomen/waist/hips followed by thighs. Amount of time and amount of tumescent solution are the issues. Doing it this way works very well and post-op discomfort is very tolerable.  Also, there is no convalescence from anesthesia. I suggest you investigate a properly boarded plastic surgeon who can do the procedure for using this technique. 

Vaser Lipo in Multiple Areas in One Process

Whether you can have #Vaser to many different areas during the same surgery is better determined during your one-on-one consultation. You will have to meet the #criteria per your doctor to know for sure.

In some cases, Vaser liposuction can be performed within your doctor's office with a #local #anesthesia; depending on the area being addressed. However, it is often an #outpatient procedure performed at surgery centers; especially for larger areas of the body. In such a case, the patient will either be under an intravenous twilight or a #general anesthetic.
It is important to understand, vaser liposuction is NOT a method of #weight loss or an alternative to diet and exercise. It does not affect one's metabolism. It is usually recommended that patients who have recently experienced weight loss and massive weight loss (#MWL) remain consistent at their weight for at least six to twelve months prior any cosmetic surgery. Such will better ensure longer lasting results of the procedure without risking the fluctuation and stretching of the skin tissue. 

Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Seeking the right doctor and gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Vaser Lipo in Multiple Areas

Thank you for your question. I would recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and have a consultation. These are a lot of areas, and the more areas, the more pain on recovery. But, you get them done at once so there are several ways to look at this. If they are not removing large amounts of fat, this should not be a big deal. You need to find out what is the plan and how much is planned for removal. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Vaser Liposuction Options

Based on your description of the amount of body area you want treated, I don't recommend single operative sedation with twilight and tumescent liposuction in all those areas in a single session. The safest pathway for you to avoid Lidocaine toxicity is to have general anesthesia and undertake the procedure with lower Lidocaine doses, so when you wake up you'll be comfortable.

Undertaking IV sedation over multiple hours can give you a unit of anesthesia excess called MAC that's greater than the amount of anesthesia you'd receive if you chose general anesthesia.

You may wish to discuss with your surgeon his experiencine doing large volume liposuction safely. In my Mentor, OH plastic surgery practice, I commonly undertake large volume liposuction procedures, but I require that the patients, from a safety standpoint, be monitored overnight in the hospital and simultaneously receive IV fluids in order to avoid postoperative problems.

To your health and beauty,

Dr. Paul Vanek

Paul Vanek, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Vaser on multiple areas

Vaser can be done on multiple areas, but it is associated with more trauma to your body and longer recovery. Overall if amount of fat removed in one go is more than 6 -8 litres risk of complications rise rapidly. I would suggest to you to break the procedure in 2 with 6 weeks between them.

Twilight sedation in addition to tuminescent local anaesthetic is a common combination in Vaser procedure. Most patients tolerate the procedure well, if break through pain occurs then sedation can be deepened.

Vaser liposuction

Liposuction in general can be done on several areas during the same operative setting. It really depends upon what your goals are, how much fat needs to be removed, and your overall medical condition. Best to discuss with your surgeon.

VASER : Multiple areas

Dear Chloe, You have not posted any pictures, so its difficult to comment on your case specifically. However, VASER Lipo can be done to address the multiple areas you have mentioned. The factors that would determine the feasibility are your fat distribution (LFDs), amount of fat to be aspirated, biochemical parameters (fitness for surgery).

We prefer to do the surgery under general anaesthesia and recommend an overnight stay at the clinic as it goes a long way in the immediate post op pain relief and comfort of the patient. Yes, the overall pain and discomfort will be more, when multiple areas are treated, however in most cases it makes a lot more sense considering the costs involved for multiple procedures, cumulative downtime & time away from work.