Is the Victoria secret lounge bra safe for one week post op? (Photo)

I had my BA 1w ago. My PS Said wear any bra w/ no underwire for 1 month. I went to Victoria secret and told them I wanted to buy a bra with no underwire they gave me the VS "lounge bra" and they also said this is the bra they give to women who have undergone a BA. Although they told me there was no underwire which I really stressed to 2 employees it feels like there is some thickness where the wire goes. Basically there is no wire but a thick lining where the wire would go. Is this safe to wear?

Compression Bra Post BBA

Thank you for your question. My advise would be to buy a medical grade bra specially made for post breast augmentation surgery. Your plastic surgeon should provide you with one. If he doesn't, be sure to bring whatever bra you chose and get it approved. Best of Luck

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Is the Victoria Secret lounge bra safe for one week post op?

I recommend a sports style bra for the first 2 weeks after a breast augmentation.  At that point patients can wear whatever bra they like, as long as the band fits against the ribs and does not rub on the incisions, and the bra does not push up against the implants while they are trying to settle.  As different surgeons will have different recommendations, you should ask and follow your surgeon's advice.

Craig S. Rock, MD

Underwire Bra

The ad you have attached states that this bra has an underwire. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon to recommend a surgical bra or sports bra safe to wear.

All the best

Jerome Edelstein, MD

A professionally manufacture post surgical bra. Avoid underwire bras for three months.

Please follow up with your surgeon.

Best of luck!!

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Bra is OK

The bra doesn't have an underwire, but if it did, as long as it wasn't uncomfortable, you could wear it. My patients wear whatever they want, and some wear underwire bras without problems. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Bra post breast aug

Take the bra to your surgeon and he can evaluate it. It seems ok if it does not have a wire. I would caution you not to spend to much money on bras early on because there is still swelling and size will change in the next few weeks to months.

Avron Lipschitz, MD
Stuart Plastic Surgeon

VS Lounge Bra after BA

The bra *appears* to be safe, based on your description and the photo. However, the description says it has an underwire. I recommend that you have it evaluated in person by your surgeon. You don't want an abrasive surface causing issues with your BA incisions or healing!  Cheers!

Jon Ver Halen, MD
Southlake Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation question

The bra is probably okay, but it is always best to check with your surgeon and follow their instructions.

Sanjiv Kayastha, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Bra and post-op

This is something to discuss with your surgeon. I prefer sports bras that are loose fitting.  Best of luck.

Underwire

Thanks for your question. The advert of the bra you bought says "flexible underwire" which to me says there is still an underwire present. I would therefore recommend being patient for another 5 weeks rather than taking the risk of wearing this bra and possibly having wound problems.

Anthony Barabas, MBBS
Cambridge Plastic Surgeon