Do you consider that my failed top surgery can be corrected to get an aesthetic FTM double incision surgery? (photos)

Surgery July 2015. As you can see, these results aren't aesthetically pleasing. The surgeon didn't resized my NAC in an attempt to 'retain nipple sensation', but besides that, I consider that he left a lot of tissue (I don't know whether it's fat, breast tissue or a seroma) on both sides of my chest. As a result, my chest doesn't look flat and looks kind of indented. Do you think that a revision with ANOTHER SURGEON could get me good results? Please suggest!

Revision of FTM top surgery

There is no question as to whether or not your results can be improved. First of all, the NACs should have been placed along the border of the pectoral muscles, even if it results in numbness that is permanent. The residual right medial bulge of tissue can be easily reduced. The darkened wide scars should be re-sutured AND managed post-operatively with medication to prevent them from darkening.

Let us know if this is helpful.

REVISION SURGERY

Hello, I do consider that the results can be improved. I would recommend first of all, scar revision in order to reduce the width of the scars. I also see excess volume on the lower pole of the breast mounds. Improving the nipple and areola complex would be difficult, as there is extensive scaring and the skin around them can not be removed to relocate them. I hope that my answer is useful. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

FTM Double Incision Revision Surgery

It's usually suggested to wait 6 to 12 months depending on the reason for a #revision and it's still early in your healing. The ideal technique best for you is difficult to determine online by photos alone. There are several methods used which depend upon the patient’s breast or chest #size before surgery. Considerations include the #laxity of skin, the #size of the #areola, the amount of #fat and recent weight #gain or weight #loss.

The most common procedures include the #periareola, #buttonhole, #double incision, and #anchor patterns. I often use #liposuction along with the double #incision for larger breasts, and, some variation for smaller breasts; depending upon the position of the areola. The female breast nipple and #areola are often centered on the breast. However, the nipple and areola are lower and closer to the outside edge of the #pectoralis muscle in the male patient. Shaping the side of the chest may also be required and can be performed with #suctioning; along with contouring of the muscle, as noted above, to provide the best definition for the chest. A board-certified plastic surgeon with specialization is such breast procedures will #confirm the technique best suited for your revision during an in-person evaluation.

FTM top surgery

This result is sub par and can be revised by visiting a Board Certified plastic surgeon who specializes in top surgery with great success.  

Douglas M. Senderoff, MD, FACS

Revision of chest surgery

A revision could improve things for you, but perhaps not fix every issue.  The scars could be revised surgically.  The flaps could be debulked, either with direct surgical thinning or with liposuction.  Those things should help your result significantly.  But I don't think there is much to be done about the positioning of the nipple area.

Thomas Fiala, MD