Bellafill migrated into a lump beside my marionette line, making it appear deeper (Photo)

I had a vial of Bellafill injected 4 months ago in my marionette line. Instead of filling the line, it created a bump beside the line, enhancing the appearance of the line. Is there any way to get this removed, or a way to fix it?

Treatment for Lumps that Can Be Seen After a Bellafill Injection

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems. 

If you can see lumps a couple of months after a Bellafill injection, then a series of low dose injections using 5FU and Kenalog works very well.  Small amounts are injected into the lumps which are really scars every month for about 3 to 6 months depending upon how you respond.  Gentle massage of the lumps also helps to dissipate them as they are just scar tissue that has formed.  Scars generally respond to a gentle rotational pressure applied to the area 3 to 4 times a day for 5 to 10 minutes each time.

I hope that helps and if it does please give it and up vote at the top right at the "report' button. 

Thanks.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill bumps--5fu injections/Fraxel/Venus Legacy

I suggest 5fu injections and starting fraxel/venus legacy treatments.  There is nothing that will reverse Bellafill completely, but these will help. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Bellafill in marionette lines

I would discuss with your injector. Please look at your pictures and compare. It might be that more filler is needed. The filler doesn't migrate, it is the placement that was wrong if it's not in the proper area. There is no way to remove the filler without surgery and that is not feasible in your case. There is need for more volume in your face and that would help correct this area. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD