Can you get liposuction and save the fat to do a fat grafting transfer (BBL) at a later date?

I'm worried I'm going to lose the only fat I have while in school the next four months. I most definitely do not want to continue being chubby! I need to keep the fat I have on me in order to get the results I'm looking for. Or can they LIPO it out now and perform for transferring part of the BBL as soon as I graduate from my yoga teacher training program? I've already been told I'm looking at only 500 cc's per cheek. That is already very minimal compared to Wish Pics.

Alas no

There are a couple of reasons why this won't work. One is that fat is very fragile and works best if handled minimally, transferred immediately and very carefully. Certainly the weeks you are talking about will almost certainly lead to a poor, and worse, unpredictable fat success. The second problem is that storage of large volumes of human tissue is both impractical and very expensive thus increasing the cost of your procedure significantly, and for  worse result. Sorry for the news and hope that helps. Adam Goodwin

Fat transfer - can the fat be saved for future use?

Thank you for asking about your BBL.
  • Unfortunately, fat cannot be stored and re-used.
  • It has been tried. The fat doesn't survive.
  • The wish pics you see on the internet are right after a BBL when the area is swollen - or they are photoshopped.
  • An injection of 500 ccs of washed, concentrated fat would be all that should be injectied -
  • Over injection puts pressure on the fat and makes it less likely to survive.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Absolutely Not

Hello,Freezing fat kills fat cells, making any chance of future graft take zero. This is simple biology: frozen fat is dead.  Dead fat is not grafting, it's temporary filler with a high potential for lumps and cysts. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Fat injection, fat transfer, liposuction, BBL

Thank you for your query. The best results of fat transfer are seen when they are freshly harvested and injected immediately as harvested fat has no blood supply of its own and depends on the host site for survival. Your estimate of 1000 cc is quite a big amount and possibilities of fat necrosis and other problems would probably increase if a delayed transfer is carried out. A simultaneous procedure would be ideal I believe. You should discuss these issues with your surgeon.Best wishes,Dr Alexander+

Alexander George, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting To BUTTOCK

Yes you can save fat for future date.  I suggest you see an expert who does a significant amount of body contouring procedures and uses PRP/puregraft for the harvesting/transfer.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Your best chance for good fat transfer success is to use fat that is freshly harvested.  Freezing or storing it would reduce the likelihood of revascularization at a later date dramatically in my opinion.  You're best off doing both procedures simultaneously. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Fat transfer BBL save the fat

Yes is the answer to your question with he technique that I use.  Please note that not all doctors us the same technique to remove the fat nor process or store the fat for future use if at all.  Survival of the fat and results all depends on the experience and training doing the procedure right.   There are so many doctors that use even procedures that result in minimum or any results whatsoever.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD