Would fraxel dual laser also work for pimples?

i have pimples and red pimple males. work that laser for me? what a laser would work for me?

Thanks for your query. Fraxel works on pimple marks more than active pimples. For active pimples you should go in proper medication and Ipl laser with acne filter, it works. Hope it helps

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel

Thank you for your question. The Fraxel laser is not indicated for the treatment of acne. It will address acne scars but is not a treatment for your active acne lesions. There are other lasers that specifically treat acne.  I would advise you make an appointment with a board certified dermatologist to go over all your treatment options for your acne. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

No, see a medical dermatologist first.

NO, pimples need to be treated with medical therapy - I suggest you see a general dermatologist. Once your acne is in remission, certainly acne scars can be treated. Fraxel may not be the best laser for the job. Always approach acne scarring by treating the scar type and not using any 'device'. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Laser treatment for acne

Fraxel is a great treatment for acne scars but not active acne. For active acne, usually topical and oral medications, peels, and appropriate skincare give best results. Certain lasers such as the Excel V by Cutera also may help with acne but not Fraxel. 

Acne laser treatment

Fraxel is not a good laser to treat acne. Excel V laser or the gold toning handpiece for the Spectra laser are good options for treating acne. Multiple treatments are needed. Also, the Spectra carbon peel in a series is a good option for acne as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD