Is Fraxel the best way to go for saggy skin under chin, neck and mouth? (photos)

Hi! At 47 I've started to notice that my skin is getting more and more saggy under my chin and my neck got annoying creepy skin... What is the best option for me if I don't want surgery? I've been thinking Fraxel dual, would that make it any better? I've also noticed that the skin is a bit saggy around my mouth, would fraxel be good for that area too? Thanks!

Based on your photos, I would not recommend Fraxel.  Depending on how much sub mental fullness it there, I would recommend Kybella treatments followed by ThermiSmoothe for tightening.  It is best to schedule an in office consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in all the above.   Best of luck to you! 

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Treatment options for the neck

Honestly, I recommend a formal consultation with an experienced aesthetic physician as this area has many treatment options. Fraxel is great for sun damage and also works well for fine lines, textural issues, and scars. That being said, I don't consider it a skin tightening procedure. Nonsurgical skin tightening usually required the use of ultrasound or radio frequency devices such as Ultherapy, Thermage, and Infini. Kybella is great for treating the fat beneath the skin and also offers some skin tightening while fillers can be used to address horizontal neck lines (necklace lines) and Botox can be used to address platysma bands. 

Sagging skin

Hi there and thank you for your question. Based on the pictures you posted above, Fraxel would not be the ideal treatment to treat saggy skin under your skin and neck (although it may help with minimizing the appearance of your facial pores and improve your skin texture). To give your lower face better contour, you can treat the submental fullness with Kybella and follow up with a tightening device like ThermiRF or Ulthera of the neck if needed. You may also opt for a slightly more invasive treatment like ThermiTight which can both tighten and reduce mild fullness in this area.

Sophia V. Mai, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist