When will my butt drop and fluff? (photo)

I'm almost 6 weeks post op; I've been maintaining 42" around my hips/butt. I've heard the term "drop and fluff" when it comes to a BBL. Around what time does this take place? I love my results I just wish my butt was a little bigger :) OH! By the way it's true, everyone loves their swollen butt after surgery.

I never heard that term used for a BBL, that is often what women refer to for breast implants. The buttocks may appear quite swollen for the first 6-8 weeks.

Time after BBL Surgery

I'm happy to hear that your're happy with your BBL results. Looks like a nice result from the picture you sent. I don't generally use the terms drop and fluff with my BBL patients, although I know some people describe that with breast augmentation surgery as the implants drop. I find that around three months postop we see what are close to final results with BBL. If anything, (and unfortunately it sounds like this is not your hope!) you may see a slight decrease in size as all of the swelling goes away. You may feel like your butt becomes softer and more natural over time, which is part of the "fluff" idea. Don't worry though. The fat is now part of you and will largely remain forever. Best wishes.

Bryan Criswell, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon