Soreness all over butt and hips about 3 and a half months after Brazilian butt lift. Is this normal? (Photo)

I've had the surgery done a few months ago now I'm feeling soreness all over the butt and hips last week I did have sex and it was rough not to put it out there but could it be from that or is this normal soreness or infection please help

You have to give your body at least 12 weeks to start seeing results and final results can take 3-6 months depending the way your body heals

BBL and soreness

Patients can have soreness in the buttocks especially with exertion. If concerned, it is always a good idea to see your surgeon.

Soreness after surgery

You can be sore for up to 6 months or longer after surgery. Your over exertion of your muscles probably made you a little more sore than what you've noticed. I don't think it's any cause for alarm. If you have any further concerns be sure to contact your board certified plastic surgeon.

Soreness with exertion

Discomfort that arises in the post op period can be concerning for any patient. However, pain which arises shortly after physical exertion is very common and unlikely to be a sign of a developing problem (especially in the absence of other symptoms). Other symptoms of a problem (i.e. infection) which might accompany pain include redness, swelling, warmth, drainage, or constitutional symptoms (fever, chills, rigors).

As always, if concerned discuss with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Post op BBL soreness

After over exerting yourself it is not uncommon to experience pain and soreness after. If you are concerned you should discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Martin Jugenburg, MD