Six week post ulterapy treament full face and neck

I am going into my 7th week post ultherapy on my face and neck and I can not see any change! I have taken ;pictures but it does not seem to show any difference and I am wondering when the process that is happening underneath my skin will start to show... I keep thinking I must see something or is it not visible yet? I feel a bit worreid

Ultherapy Results

Hi and thanks for your question! 
As stated below, most of the visible results after Ultherapy won't appear until about 3-6 months. We ask patients to come back around 6-7 months for follow up pictures, and if possible, also at 3-4 months so we evaluate progress. We do recommend one treatment every 1-3 years, depending on how much laxity there is. Often
Dr. Grant Stevens

You will most likely need another treatment or two with ultherapy to see the best results.

Generally, I recommend Ultherapy as an 'add on' treatment and not something that is a stand alone treatment.  It doesn't really work all that great alone but it does work wonderfully in conjunction with fillers and botox, etc.  Best wishes!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy Progress

Ultherapy uses focused ultrasound to stimulate new collagen production (neocollagenesis). This process takes on average 3-6 months. Some patients respond slower or differently than others depending on their age, past medical history, and other lifestyle factors, such as smoking.  Be patient and follow up with the practitioner after at least 3 to 4 months post-procedure for them to assess you and to review photographs. 

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Gradual progress

Thank you for your question. Ultherapy is a natural treatment with gradual results, which take up to 6 months to show up in full. Gradual progress is often difficult for the patient to see, especially as early as 7 weeks after the treatment. It's great that you are taking pictures. At 3 months, you should be able to tell some noticeable improvement from your "before" photo.

Jennifer Levine, MD

When should Ultherapy results be noticeable

It usually takes 3, and sometimes up to 6 months, to get the full results from the treatment. As the results are gradual, you may not be able to pick up on them yourself, even though you are taking photos. I suggest you give it full 3 months and then see your doctor for the post-treatment photos- this would be the time to evaluate your progress.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

It takes time for the collagen to come back.

This issue should have been related to you in your consultation.  This method of using ultrasound to this depth, takes 88-90 days for the structural collagen to build and come back.  Full results can take up to 6 months.

Ultherapy results can take 3-6 months

The results from an Ultherapy treatment work in a two-step process. The first stage is the contraction and denaturing of collagen, which causes an immediate tissue tightening, and resultant lift. The second stage occurs over time while the body’s healing response builds new collagen (neocollagenesis).  New collagen production is generated over 2-3 months and often continues for 6 months after the treatment. Full results are visible after 3 to 6 months.   Patients typically only need one procedure but treatment plans are individualized depending on each patient’s skin laxity and treatment goals.

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Ulthera Results

Ulthera results are best appreciated 3-6 months following treatment.  It takes time for your body to produce collagen and visibly lift the skin.  Allow a bit more time, and you should start appreciating subtle changes.  I would also recommend following up with your provider a few months after treatment to compare your before and after pictures.  Sometimes, we grow so accustomed to seeing ourselves, we are unable to see the changes.  Reviewing pictures is the best way to see results!  Best of luck.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy question

It can take anywhere between 3-6 months to see the full effects of Ultherapy.  I'd recommend returning to your doctor's office 3 months post treatment and have them do photographs.  Thanks for your question.

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Ultherapy and Long Term Results

Ultherapy works to tighten a large area over time and often takes 3-6 months to see complete results. Best, Dr. Emer