Hello, just wanted to ask how many areas dose 20 units of botox give on face? As in the UK is per bottle

Botox. how many areas on face dose 20 units give on face please.

Botox

The amount of units required for a Botox treatment is determined by the number of areas to be treated. A typical treatment will consist of 20 units of Botox per muscle acting area. In other words, it is 20 units to treat the glabella (the area in between your eyebrows), 20 units to treat the forehead, and 20 units to treat the crows feet. Hope this helps!

Botox - how much with 20 units

Thank you for asking about your Botox.

• Botox is usually give as 2 units/0.1 cc - or 10 injection sites.
  • the doctor who treats you needs to map out the sites that need injection - 
  • But it is unlikely to be enough (for most people) for both the forehead and frown lines.
  • I do not think you need to see two specialists before this treatment but please see a B oard Certified Plastic, Facial Plastic or Dermatology specialist.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox. Typically 20-25 units are used in your glabella area (between the eyebrows) To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox and Units

Botox is a fantastic treatment for wrinkles around the face.  Twenty units is the amount of Botox that is typically put into a given area such as the glabella.  For the best cosmetic results please consult an expert since it is not just the "units" injected but the proper placement of Botox or filler that is vital.  Best, Dr. Green

Number of units of botox does not equate to a specific number of areas of the face

How many units of botox or any other botulinum toxin you need is dependent on the areas treated, the strength of your muscles, your facial anatomy and the result you want.  The original Botox Cosmetic studies used 20 - 25 units just for the glabella (the frown lines between the eyebrows) and 15 - 20 units for the crow's feet (the lines coming out from the eyes when you smile).  Other areas treated like the forehead, chin, jawline, masseters and neck vary also.  Patients with strong muscles who want full blockage of the movement may require more to get that effect.  On the other hand, experienced injectors often use less to give a natural 'actress dose' so that patients can still make expressions but get subtle brow lift and fewer lines at rest.  

The price of botox treatment from a given injector may be by the unit or the area.  Either is appropriate -- physicians vary in their approaches to billing -- and generally come out similarly.

I hope this answer was helpful.  Best wishes.

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

20 Units of Botox is treatment of one area on the face

There are neurotransmitter receptors on the muscles. Your nerves release the neurotransmitter which attaches to the receptors and tells the muscle to contract.  Botox is very similar in structure to your neurotransmitter so that it can attach to the receptors and block your neurotransmitter from attaching to the receptors.  The bigger and stronger your muscles, the more receptors and therefore it takes more Botox to give you three months effect from Botox.  There is not right or wrong amount of Botox; however, to get a good result you have to get enough Botox units to block the majority of the receptors on your muscles.  Too little Botox and you may have some motion a the 7 day point when you get full effect and the Botox will wear off sooner than 3 month maximum effect.    20 units of Botox is my starting dose of Botox for females with not too  strong or large forehead muscles.  I usually start gals with 24 units for the glabella and crows feet (eyes).  I tailor the amount of Botox to every individual based on how strong and large the muscles are in the area they want treated and the effect they want to achieve.

How many areas for 20 units of Botox on face?

The dose of Botox is individualized for each patient, but generally speaking, 20 units would be in the approximate range of treating one area of the face.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox units

The answer is entirely dependent on the muscle action and strength on your face.  Botox is sold as either 50 or 100 or 200 units per vial or bottle.  Your facial plastic surgeon will be able to assess how much Botox is required given your anatomy and desired outcomes.  

20 units of Botox can treat the forehead and the eye and the frown if you have minimal muscle action or lines.  Commonly 20 units only treats one area, say the frown line effectively.  An experienced facial plastic surgeon will be able to tailor the dose for the desired result.

I hope this is helpful.

Planning Botox treatment

The amount of Botox needed to deliver appropriate treatment to achieve the patients cosmetic goal is determined by the doctor at the time of the treatment after physical examination of the proposed treatment area. Your muscle density and extent of muscle inactivation and age are some of the determining factors.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 area of botox=20 units

Hello
one area of botox is usually 20 units of botulim toxin, the upper face can be divided in 3 areas, the forehead is one area, the glabella(between the eyebrowns) is another area and the crows feet is another area, to cover the all upper face you need at least 60 units of botox
Dr velilla