Can Ulthera/Ultherapy affect the jaw or teeth alignment in any way?

Suddenly, my teeth have moved, it is noticeable in pictures, slight crossing of two front teeth and receding of the teeth with side my two front teeth. Very noticeable in photographs. I had Ulthera 12 months ago, with significant shrinkage of lower fave, loss of fat, volume, resulting in sagging, uneven jawline, hollowed cheeks, droopy eyes, general sagging of whole face overall result aged 10 years in 1 year.

Ultherapy and SMAS tightening

Ultherapy, when used appropriately, should be targeted to the muscle fascia and SMAS and should not interfere with deeper structures of the face. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

I have not seen this

I have never seen this happen at all. We have been doing ultherapy for years. Ultherapy has fantastic results for the right patient. Ask your doctor for a consult for ultherapy and they can go over all of this. 

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Ultherapy and teeth

Hi Teddy,

Just like many things in life, we sometimes find things that are associated, but not causative.  Meaning, you may be having changes in your teeth that are related to age, dental health or unknown, but these changes can not be caused by using Ultherapy on your skin.  

I would see a dentist or orthodontist to see what may be leading to this change.

Dr. B

Ultherapy is a superficial- not deep- treatment

Since ultherapy only works a few millimeters beneath your skin, there is no way that a treatment would alter your tooth alignment.  With your rapid description of aging after your Ultherapy treatment, I would look for another source of this problem. This is probably just a coincidence.   Ultherapy should lift, tone and tighten skin- not cause all of the probplems you have listed. Speak with your trusted plastic surgeon or primary care doctor for evaluation of other causes of looking aged and of your tooth issue.
Hope this helps!

Steven Yarinsky, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy does not affect the teeth

Ultherapy energy does not penetrate below the skin to affect dentition as the energy dissipates and is attenuated (ultrasound physics term) within 4.5 mm.

Read the Ultherapy ebook on the link below.

Best
Dr Karamanoukian

Ultherapy Affecting The Teeth

What you are experiencing is not from the Ultherapy treatment. If you are having issues with your teeth I suggest seeing a dentist.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

No effect of Ulthera on teeth or jaw

The ultrasound used with Ultherapy is precisely focused at no more than 4 millimeters under the skin, so there is no conceivable way that it could affect the teeth or jaw.

Richard Baxter, MD