Can Ultherapy help with stretch marks?

Ultherapy for stretch marks

Ultherapy for treating stretch marks is considered off label and experimental.  From my experience Ultherapy would not be affective for this purpose.  Though visible on the surface, a stretch mark is a fracture of tissues in the underlying dermis.  The overlying epidermis is tented over this area which leads to a translucent appearance of this skin.  Since the space underneath is essentially "empty", Ultherapy probably won't have an effect.I would be surprised if science ever showed this to help, but I'd have to say I would be happily surprised!  It would give me something to offer the hundreds of patients in my practice who want a good treatment for stretch marks.  Best of luck,Dr. B

Albany NY Ultherapy expert says Ultherapy is not currently approved as effective for Stretch Marks

Ultherapy is not currently approved as effective for Stretch Marks.  Ultherapy can help with loose skin but stretch marks typically are due to loss of elastic fibers in skin and not to loss of collagen.  I would be very busy indeed if there was anything available better than "cutting them out" for stretch marks.  Lasers and other treatments can turn stretch marks from red to white color, but can not erase them.

Hope this helps!

Steven Yarinsky, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks and Ultherapy

Ultherapy is not the ideal treatment for stretch marks. In our office, we use a combination of microneedling, fractional co2, and Clear and Brilliant mini fraxel for stretch marks. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Ulthera and stretch marks

Thank you for your question.  While there is no published literature or data on using Ulthera for stretch marks - there are many off label uses which people are performing.  It is likely due to the mechanism of action of ulthera it would have a beneficial effect on stretch marks.  That being said this is not FDA approved and is considered off label.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy is not FDA cleared for stretch marks

The underlying mechanism for Ultherapy would suggest that it would help stretch marks, BUT, it is not FDA cleared for this indication. There is also no published data that suggests that it is useful for this indication.

Read my Ultherapy ebook on the link below.

Best
Dr. Karamanoukian