Tummy tuck and muscle.

I have worked hard at obtaining a strong core for my back (have osteoarthritis ) will a tummy tuck strengthen my core muscles further through having flatter stomach.

Tummy tuck and muscle.

Although there is no specific study that I am aware of that documents an improvement in “core” strength  after tummy tuck surgery, I believe that reconstructing the abdominal wall musculature ( to pre pregnancy or pre-weight gain status) can only help strengthen the abdominal wall/back girdle. How much improvement there is likely depends on how wide a diastasis (distance between the rectus muscles) is present.

By plicating the abdominal wall muscles back to the midline  during tummy tuck surgery, normal anatomy is restored, abdominal wall girth is decreased and (I believe) functionality and anesthetics)  potentially benefits.  
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Abdominal muscle

you for the question.   If the tummy tuck is for removing excess skin only
then it will not improve your core stability or strength. However if there is
 significant divarification (splaying apart ) of the central strip muscles
at the front of the abdomen then tightening these may possibly improve the
strength of the abdominal wall.   You will need to be carefully clinically
assessed to make an accurate prediction whether surgery would be of any help.

Most probably

If you have diastasis (seperation of the abdominal muscles after pregnancy) then tightening of the muscles will help with your core.  Best thing to do is speak to a plastic surgeon (make sure to review their before/after photos to see if they have a lot of pictures similar to your situation and make sure they show you sitting photos too) to discuss your options.

Andre Aboolian, MD