Am I too thin for a BBL? (Photo)

I'm around 120lbs I wanted to know if I am too thin for bbl?

Brazilian Butt Lift candidate

Thank you for your question. You are a good candidate for a brazilian butt lift. When planning a Brazilian butt lift, patients can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior.  Each procedure must be planned according to the individual needs of patients, harvesting fat from target areas of the torso, thighs or knees and transferring it to create smooth, attractive contours optimized for each person. You appear to have enough fat available to get a great result. The amount of fat transferred from targeted areas depends on the quantity available and the extent of buttock augmentation each patient desires. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

BBL candidate

Your waist to hip ratio and buttock projection can be improved by harvesting fat from your lower back and thighs primarily. An exam in person would be necessary to determine if your anatomy is consistent with your aesthetic goals. You may need to gain a few pounds, but should have a very good result. Consult with a few plastic surgeons for a thorough exam.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Am I too thin for a BBL? (Photo)

You look like a great candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift. Gaining 10lbs can give you optimal results. A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. After a successful Brazilian Butt lift, the fat that remains will stay there for the rest of your life. Like the rest of the tissue in your body this fat will grow and age with you.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.Thank you for your question .

Am I too thin?

Hello and thanks for the question. You appear to have a few areas of fat deposition that would be amenable for fat transfer to the buttocks. These areas are your flanks, lower back and inner thighs. Of course, an examination by a BCPS will allow you discuss your goals and help to establish realistic expectations. DrBurnett#realself100

Not Too Thin

In my practice we usually take from the back to sculpt out and give that perfect A shape vs the V shape some women have. We also take from additional areas if necessary or requested by the patient.  You already have a great A shape, but it can be accentuated.  Based on the amount of fat your surgeon of choice is able to harvest will determine how large you are able to go. From your photos provided there are definitely some donor sites that your surgeon would be able to pull the adequate amount of injectable fat from. 
One rule of thumb I like to go by is, if you start with a great shape you will end up withe great results! I wish you the best of luck on this exciting journey!
**"The above answer posted has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for an actual in-person examination/consultation with a medical professional and professional advice; it is only opinion based on photos and/or description of symptoms. Seek in-person treatment with a trained BCPS medical professional for appropriate action and care to be given."**

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Am I too thin for a BBL?

The most important aspect for you in making the decision for a BBL is whether or not your expectations are in line with the results that your PS can achieve. I have done a lot of BBLs in my practice. Some of my patients were thin and looked very similar to your photos. They were very pleased with their results because we spent a long time making sure our expectations were similar. 

Too Thin for BBL?

With the growing popularity of BBL, more patients are interested in fat grafting to the buttocks than before and many may think that they may not have enough fat to get a good result. The most important consideration is managing your expectations: how large do you want to be? is the fat transfer more for shaping and filling out a certain area than for pure volume? A consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon is critical to setting up for success. For example, modern techniques of liposuction and fat harvesting enables the surgeon to get more useable fat than one may think. Fat can be removed by multiple areas as well to get a reasonable amount for transfer as well. On the other hand, the surgeon can give you an opinion stating that what is desired may not be achievable with what you have and that is just as important to know. Thanks for the question and good luck. 

Christopher T. Chia, MD