Can I repierce my ear after cyst removal?

I have recently had a cyst surgically removed from the back of my earlobe and was wondering if I could get it repierced and if so how long should I wait? Thanks

Ear lobe

I do not recommend  piercing the lobule for at least 6 months after the repair. It needs to be pierced in a different location than the repair

When to repierce an earlobe after cyst removal

I would apply Plato's Scar Serum twice daily followed by massage therapy for 4 to 6 weeks before you repierce. 
Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Ear Lobe and Re-piercing

Great question!  I would recommend waiting at least 6 weeks before re-piercing your ears.  Be sure to ask your surgeon though, as this answer can vary.  Best of luck to you!

Re piercing ears after surgery

Great Question! Definitely wait until your incision is completely healed. this should take 3 - 6 weeks. I recommend re piercing  after 3 - 6 months to assure no complications occur and most importantly, get the approval from your physician prior!

Ear lobe piercing after cyst removal

Dear gracesaycell,

I would wait at least 2-3 months for your ear lobe to heal about after cyst removal and to allow the tensile strength of the scar to increase. I would also revisit your surgeon who removed the cyst to evaluate the scar prior to getting it pierced again. Best of luck!

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

When can I repierce my ears after cyst removal?

I recommend that you follow up after cyst removal and ask this question to your doctor he can offer the best answer.

Generally, I wait 6 weeks and recomend that you avoid the incision line, staying outside of them.  If your doctor does not perform this, you may mark the area and go to a trusted jewler or another doctor.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait until at least they potential risk of infection from the cyst has totally cleared and repierce outside of the surgical area around 3 weeks.  If you wish to repierce along the surgical scar I suggest 2-3 months.

Warm Regards,
Dr Quinton Chivers