Is it normal to have gurgling sounds from my breast implants 3 months after surgery.

I expected to have some strange sounds after surgery from my breasts such as gurgling and squishing, I have had them from my surgery day and still have them now 3 months on. I am happy with how they have settled and healed and I'm not in any pain. I can also feel bubble like sensations .

From Chapin Aesthetics

Generally gurgling sounds can be heard within a few days/weeks of the intital surgical procedure.  This sound is from leftover air trapped in the pocket following surgery.  Generally your body reabsorbs this within a few weeks.  Gurgling many months following the procedure could represent fluid such as a seroma in the implant pocket

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago

Thank you for your question. Remember, it is best to be seen in person by a double-board-certified plastic surgeon for precise diagnosis and treatment.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Last contacted 2 months ago

Breast augmentation

This “gurgling” noise is common after a breast augmentation but should resolve within 2-4 weeks. A gurgling/sloshing sound or sensation isn’t the actual implant fluid which some patients fear, but rather air that is trapped in the implant pocket and fluid that may have naturally accumulated. Seeing as it is persisting, I would schedule an appointment with your surgeon to perform a physical evaluation. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 34 minutes ago

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. If you had a saline implant placed this may be the saline you home moving around. If not you may have some fluid in the pocket the implant sits in. I would discuss this with your surgeon. 

Best Wishes

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Last contacted 1 day ago

Needs Evaluation

A recheck with your plastic surgeon is best. It seems you may have some retained fluid around your implant.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 16 days ago