Will glycolic acid bleach my skin?

I'm a black female with dark spots (PIH) on my cheeks. I want to start using a glycolic acid serum but I read that'll bleach my skin and I do not want that to happen. I just want my spots to fade. Any suggestions ?

Will glycolic acid bleach my skin?

Thanks for your query. Glycolic acid does have a bleaching action but it is not very extensive that it bleaches the skin and hair. If you fear bleaching den you can just apply a high concentration on the brown spots and leave the rest. Don’t forget to apply proper sun block while you are using glycolic as it makes the skin sensitive and prone to burn. You can even go in for mild chemical peeling as they help in clearing out the brown spots. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon