Dysport 5 days ago; strange creases above eyebrows and line on forehead a strange shape? (Photo)

I am very worried I had dysport injected 5 days ago I now have strange lines above eyebrows and lines on my forehead have gone a funny shape is this normal as it starts to work? And will it correct itself and smooth out within the suggested 2 weeks it takes to have the full effect before I go for follow up appointment? I'm very worried! And at the moment it looks dreadful. Is this normal?

A little more time

Good afternoon,

I would recommend giving it a little more time for everything to settle and improve. Wait the full two weeks and see how everything looks and feels then.

Dysport result

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. Your lines will likely continue to improve, but if by 2 weeks the result is not to your liking, I recommend following up with your physician. It should be easy to do a small touch-up to optimize your result. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Its normal

these lines could either be that the injector hasn't gone high enough into your hairline or that the dysport hasn't fully worked yet. Dysport diffuses further than botox so could easily get up there in time. Do not ask for a top up until the 2-3 weeks has passed as you would be in danger of having more where you didn't need it and overdoing it and looking plastic/frozen.

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Dysport side effect

If this persists it can absolutely be fixed! Your injector should see you at 7-10 days after injection and treat any funny lines or odd movement. It can happen to anyone, and is not necessarily the fault of injector, but it can and should be fixed very easily.

Jenny Weyler, MD
Worcester Physician

Dysport forehead results not satisfactory

You need to wait until the 10 days have passed. Sometimes the "kicking it" of Dysport is uneven. If I had to guess, the forehead will still not be to your satisfaction at 10 days. Hopefully the provider is skilled enough to make things look better.

Steven F. Weiner, MD