Can a Breast Augmentation, Labiaplasty and Liposuction be carried out in one session of surgery?

Hello! I'm 5"7 and approximately 12stone 7lbs. I'm wondering if anyone reckons I could have all the procedures listed above in one session? I'm assuming a BA and labiaplasty is fine - however I would also like liposuction on the mons pubis area, abdomen, flanks and maybe outer thighs but I appreciate this is a lot for one lot of general anaesthetic. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Combined procedures

Combining cosmetic procedures looks attractive, but we must put some limits, because our primary care must be safety.

My opinion is that you can combine these procedures if you don’t do a very extensive liposuction.

Obviously, our decision depends on the status of health that you have, your blood tests and the extent of the area.

The problem is not the anaesthesia but the extent of the area that will be operated. The duration of the anaesthesia has a minimal effect and can be adjusted properly by a good anaesthetist.

Theoretically, the areas that you talk about can be done at the same time, but you must know that you will have an increased possibility for complications.

So, considering your status of health as well, I would advise you to not do a very extensive liposuction combined with the other procedures that you refer.

Greetings

Thank you for your question. This procedures can be performed at once and in on session if you are in a good health condition.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Combining procedures

This is commonly done. You will need to be seen in person to determine what can be done safely. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in breast surgery and body contouring surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon you choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D. Vistnes Plastic Surgery San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastaugmentation #liposuction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Procedures

Thank you for your question.  In our practice, if a patient is in good health and is a good candidate, we will combine these procedures to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you may be evaluated.  During your consult you will be able to discuss your surgical options, address your goals and work together to create a surgcial plan that best helps you achieve the look you desire.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Yes

The rate limiting step as far as performing multiple procedures include your overall medical health and the time it takes to perform all the procedures. The initial consultation will determine whether you are healthy enough to undergo combined procedures. As long as the time to perform all the procedures is less than 7 hours, it is reasonable to perform them in one anesthetic. Based on you height and weight , I believe that all the procedures that you are interested in can be performed safely in one setting. Having said that, you need to be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon who performs many cosmetic procedures to evaluate you and determine if you would be a good candidate for combining procedures. Best wishes,Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Combination surgery

Combining aesthetic procedures is generally safe if the overall surgery time is reasonable and if the patient is very healthy going in to surgery.  Assuming you are in good health, the combination of surgeries you want would be reasonable to do as it would likely take less than 6 hours and the surgical areas are all distinct from one another (as opposed to overlapping, such as combining an abdominoplasty with abdominal liposuction, which can be a risky maneuver with regards to blood supply...)  That being said, you would need to see a surgeon in person to make sure the plan of combining these procedures is safe and appropriate for you specifically.  Depending on the volume of liposuction, you might also need to spend the night at an overnight care facility.  

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon