345 mods, 345 HP or 385 HP? (Photo)

Im wanting upper pole fullness, im 5'5, 120lb & starting with 28b/30a breast, breast width of 12, i think the 345mods will be more natural look & wont give me the upper pole im wanting, 2nd consultation on 20th October going to ask surgeon about 385hp as its not much bigger then the 345mods he offered, i want to be able to see a difference instead of still feeling like a little boy

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

345 mods, 345 HP or 385 HP breast implants?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your desired result if your base width is adequate as measured by your plastic surgeon the 385 cc high profile should give you more fullness above the nipple which he say that you want.  This decision must be made with your plastic surgeon after a measurement of your breast base width to make sure it will accommodate a 385 cc high-profile implant.  For more on implant profile please read the following link:

The profile is more important than the volume

Hello Leigh,

These questions are best dealt with by your surgeon as it is important to get the implant selection right.  There is not a great deal of difference between a 345 or a 385 high profile implant except that the 385 would be a little wider (as well as having a few mms more projection). However, there is more of a difference between the 345 moderate profile implant and the 345/385 high profile implants.  This is because the profile has changed and so there will be much more difference in the projection of the implant (how full it looks).

It comes down to the base width of your breast and the amount of fullness that you want (which judging by the photographs is quite a lot).  You are welcome to join my webinar which you can register on through my website where I talk about issues like this. 

I hope that I haven't made it all sound too complicated.  Good luck.

345 mods, 345 HP or 385 HP?

There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

It is important for you to understand that you don’t always need a breast implant for breast augmentation. As it was also mentioned above you can also get bigger and natural breasts with Cihantimur Fat Transfer method. In this method we use own fat tissue of the patient in order to increase the size of the breast. Since this tissue is your own tissue there is no risk for any adverse effects. It is safe and fast operation that yields natural results without any incision.

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Best breast implants for me?

• Thank you for the question and picture. Based on your photograph, I think that you are starting at an excellent anatomical "starting point" and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. Although definitive advice would require in-person evaluation, I think you will be most likely to achieve similar to your goal photos  utilizing higher profile breast implants.
  •  Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
  • 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
  • 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.  Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
  • 3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. 

• I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Which one

Thank you for your question and for posting photos. Implant size questions are probably some of the most common questions asked about during a consult. Questions like: is that going to be too big? Will I see a difference? what cup size will I be? The only way to really give a good idea on what implant size would be appropriate is really by seeing you in person and performing an examination. During the consultation I try and get a feel for what the patients expectations and goals are. When picking the implant size I usually leave this up to the patient. I have them try on implants using a sports bra and this gives the patient a good idea of what the implant may look like. The main limiting factor on how large of an implant that can be placed is usually the breast base width. As long as the implant they choose is not as wide as their breast base width then I consider it safe to place. If they are trying to chose between 2 implant sizes, I will then recommend going with the larger implant as long as it is still within the measurements. The reason for this is, when trying on implants, the final result will look a little smaller then when they were tried on with a sports bra. The other thing I inform my patients about is that one of the most common complaints after breast augmentation is "I wish I went bigger!" You will see a difference with either implant you chose but it just depends on how much of a difference you are looking for. Recommendations can be made, but in the end only you can decide what implant size will make you happy! Hopefully you are being evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon. Wish you all the best and hope this helps!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon