2 weeks post op 255cc high profile overs. Bottoming out? Very worried (Photo)

Im 2 weeks post op after having 255cc round high profile overs. I know after lots of research i am very early on and have a long way to go. But I'm worried my implant is lower on my left side or has moved down my chest or from the pocket. My right Is very defined and is feels tight to my chest. The other one feels like the implant is moving more and comes away from my chest if i lean over. Main worry is is this bottoming out? And if i want to see my surgeon i have to pay :( The last 2 photos are mirrored.

2 weeks post op 255cc high profile overs. Bottoming out? Very worried

Thank you for your question.  I do not yet see any evidence of bottoming out as your inframammary crease appears well defined.  However you do need examination by her plastic surgeon to be certain.  At 2 weeks postop it is inappropriate for your surgeon to discharge you for a postop visit.  Standard of care is follow-up as needed for the first 6 weeks after breast augmentation.  I see patients day 1, today 10, and at 6 weeks routinely and whenever a patient has a concern.

In some instances when implants appear to be low taping of the inframammary crease and the use of an underwire bra can be very helpful in tightening the inframammary crease.  Insist on follow-up with her plastic surgeon without having to pay.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon. You should absolutely not be charged for a follow up visit.  You are very early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets, sometimes you heal quicker in one breast than the other and one implant can even drop sooner than the other one.  If one implant is sitting too high, the use of a breast binder is beneficial to add downward pressure. I would also continue to perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op from breast aug

Hello and thank you for posting photos along with your question. It is still very soon after your surgery. It takes weeks to a couple of months to get a good idea on what your breast are going to look like as a final result. The swelling has to come down and the breast will start to soften and feel more natural as time goes on. Important pictures to show would also be your pre-operative photos. I tell all my patients that your breast will look the same they do now just bigger. So if one breast is larger or has a higher nipple that breast will still be higher or have a higher nipple (if the same size implant is placed in both breasts.) If the crease under your breast was higher on one side than the other then sometimes this can lead to the implant being slightly higher on that same side. Once I operate on my patients I believe they are my responsibility and I see them as many times as I need to after their operation. I always tell my patients that if they feel like they need to come in and see me for any reason they should feel free to make an appointment. I do not charge my patients for follow up visits. You should try and see your plastic surgeon and let them know you are concerned. I hope this helps!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling? Bottoming Out?

Thank you for your question and photos. Congratulations on your recent procedure. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. It does not appear you are bottoming out at this time. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. You should NOT be charged for a follow up visit! Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.