One Breast Fuller and Bigger Than the Other After Augmentation

I got 450CC Mentor Saline Profile Plus 2 weeks ago and now I am very concerned because my left breast seems fuller and bigger than my right. Any advice on what I should do? Thank You.

Do breasts look the same after dropping?

Two things happen and seem paradoxical. As as the swelling goes down there will be some shrinkage but at the same time as the muscle relaxes your breast projection grows. In general the breast shape and size proportionality improves..

Breast implants initially after surgery when placed in a submuscular position often give superior fullness that corrects itself with time, the "fluff and drop" phenomena. In reality the pectoralis major muscle takes a while to adjust its size to accommodate the implant as well as occasional muscle spasm which keeps the implant projection higher than its final resting shape. Additional variables include:laxity of skin, size difference during prior pregnancies, position of implant,size of muscle, and size of implant.
As the muscle relaxes the projection of the implant often increases and the breast shape improves. Massage and use of a superior placed elastic strap can often make this process go faster.

Breasts uneven

Hi and thank you for your question.
You are very early in your recovery and still have swelling. It can take between 3 and 6 months for for your breasts to drop and settle into position. The breasts may appear to be different sizes during this time.If you are concerned or have any questions contact your surgeon to be seen. Best of luck.

Breast asymmetry post op

Yours is a very common question - yes - it is perfectly normal for one breast implant to be higher or one to be larger/smaller only two weeks post-op.  Mild asymmetries do resolve with time.  How long is truly variable.  Unfortunately patience is important!

One breast fuller after breast augmentation two weeks ago.

Thank you for the photo. You are still very early in your post operative course. Breast implants tend to start dropping into place after 3 to 4 weeks. They usually will get to their final position in 6 to 12 months. One will usually drop faster than the other, and the shape may go through changes. Please follow your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon's post op instructions. For example; we like message, but some surgeons will have you wait, or do it in a specific manner. Please also let them know your thoughts and concerns.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Healing rates can differ between breasts

You probably don't want to get too worried about this right now, because it's only been 2 weeks since your surgery. Wait about 4 months then talk to your surgeon if there's still a noticeable difference in size. Chances are, the size will even out.

Ronald Levine, MD

Different healing rates for breasts

Thank you for the question. You are still in the post operation recovery stage. It is not uncommon to feel pain, itchiness, and slight abnormalities during this period. Breasts also heal at different rates.  It usually takes about 8-12 weeks for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for the implants to fully settle. It would be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Breast and symmetric healing after augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photos. During the post-operative period the breast are swollen, and the breast implants appear in a much higher position. Over time they descend and fills out the lower half of the breast. In addition, it is not uncommon for one breast to be more swollen than the other and may even out with time (unless they were asymmetric in size to begin with). It may take several months for this to happen and can be encouraged with breast massage and compression. It may appear that the breast enlarges as the lower aspect of the breast fills out (at the expense of the upper portion of the breast).

Too early to judge result

This is a very frequent question and yes, early asymmetry is expected.  Give it time and the implant will likely drop and you will achieve better symmetry.   Right now continue to follow your plastic surgeons advice as far as wearing a bra and massage. 

Breast Asymetry.

It is my impression that your RIGHT breast is the larger one. I am not sure if this is the one you are referring to. If you are truly referring to the left breast. it may be due to your  perception.

Asymmetric Breast Augmentation

I agree with Dr. Rand. The VAST majority of women are asymmetric. asymmetry is the RULE of nature not the exception. While a mild asymmetry may not be readily obvious before surgery, once augmented it becomes obvious. I seriously doubt your surgeon failed to see such an asymmetry in the OR before concluding the operation and would like to explore other possibilities.

Before becoming anxious, I agree we should look for any readily correctable reasons for the asymmetry such as a seroma (fluid collection). If present, its drainage would greatly improve your appearance. Ask you surgeon for his suggestions.