I am 5 day BA PO and experiencing tightness in my chest. Everytime I breath I feel like my breasts are going to pop out. Also I seem to slouch everytime I walk. I got saline under the muscle. I am just wondering if this is normal if not please advise on what I should do? Thank You.
Tightness in Chest After Breast Augmentation
Doctor Answers 5
Tightness After Breast Augmentation
- Stiffness, swelling and bruising in the chest region: These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue heal. Pain medication and muscle relaxants will help you cope with any discomfort. Consistent sharp pain should be reported to your board-certified surgeon.
- Hypersensitivity of nipples or lack of sensitivity: This is normal and will gradually resolve over time.
- A mild to severe itchy feeling of the breasts is possible as healing progresses. An antihistamine like Benadryl can help to alleviate severe, constant itchiness. If the skin becomes red and hot to the touch, contact your board-certified surgeon immediately.
- Asymmetry, the breasts look different, or heal differently: Breasts may look or feel quite different from one another in the days following surgery. This is normal. No two breasts in nature or following surgery are perfectly symmetrical.
- Discuss returning to work with your board-certified surgeon, in our office it is typically 3-5 days post-surgery but you may not overexert yourself or do any heavy lifting.
- You may resume exercise and your normal routine at six weeks unless your surgeon advises otherwise.
Chest tightness after breast implants augmentation surgery is normal but should be reported
It is easy to say this is normal bu t I am uncomfortable doing this online and would strongly recommend that you discuss this with your surgeon and/or his/her staff.
You might also like...
Tightness in the chest after augmentation
If you have tightness in your chest when you breathe, you need to contact your doctor ASAP to make sure you do not have problem like pneumonia, or even a pulmonary embolism. If it is tightness of the implants then that should get better with time.
Chest tightness after breast implants
If you are concerned at all, you should call your surgeon's office and possibly see the surgeon for evaluation. However, most likely you are just experiencing post operative tightness which is due to the surgery and having implants placed, which will get better day by day. Good luck.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.