How Long Should Steri Strips Stay on the Incisions After Breast Lift and Augmentation?

It seems like I have more pain from the adhesive. Its been 3 weeks since my surgery? And I also have a dark blue vein that has been very painful in my breast for about 5 days. I am taking ibuprofen over the counter. Thanks

Steristrips on breasts

If the tape is bothering you and irritating the skin you may be better off removing them. If patients do not have this problem, I usually ahve them wear some form of tape for about 6 weeks. I think that it helps with the scars.  As for the blue painful vein it is probably a Mondor's cord and this usually goes away on its own.

SteriStrips after Augmentation & Mastopexy

I tend to have my patients keep their SteriStrips in place for 3-4 weeks.  However, there can be problems (allergic reactions, blistering, etc.) and you should talk with your operating surgeon if you have concerns.

John Whitt, MD (retired)

Ster-strips for Breast implant augmentation surgery

I typically leave the steri-strips on for 10 days after surgery but will remove them for drainiage or blister formation or adhesive sensitivity. Seek your specific surgeons advice.