Is this a scab or necrosis? (Photo)

11 days post op full abdo Had post op appointment yesterday and nurse said looks fine is a scab . Okay so when going through newsfeed I see black necrosis . Now the photo looks a bit yellow. Nothing is coming from there like pus and it's not smelly.its not yellow . Just I guess I am a hypochondriac I am sorry. I am just looking for extra opinions and possibly reassurance . Many thanks

Belly buttons scab

up very commonly following tummy tucks.  You can use a peroxide water solution if you want to get it off sooner or you could simply give it time and the scab will slough on its own.  When it comes off, your wound should be intact and if not, you should let your surgeon know.

Scab or necrosis?

This looks like a scab to me from this photo.  It will be fine.  you can relax.  Let the scab just fall off. Do NOT try to remove the scab.  A scab or eschar is a biological dressing for a wound that is healing underneath...so let that process play out.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button Problem

This is a scab, but NO ONE can tell you if there is necrosis under it until the scab gets removed. The likelihood is that there is some amount of necrosis, either partial or full thickness, based on the appearance of the scab however. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Scab or Necrosis

Thank you for athe photo and question but an examination is really needed to say for sure. So see your surgeon or other expert in the area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD