How much will the pleats, squishy area, and fat pulled to the middle of my incision flatten out? TT, 3 days post-op. (photo)

My surgeon already told me in my first consult a scar revision may be needed due to the excessive stretch marks above the belly button, so this isn't a shock. But she did say yesterday she thinks it will actually go down a lot. And may not need the revision, what do you all think? I love my incision! I know this is early days but just trying to get an idea? Thanks!

Very early results

At 3 days, it really is impossible to tell how things will settle down.  In saying that, a lot of your puckering will indeed improve.  I certainly wouldn't be considering any revisional surgery for at least 6 months.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

How Long to Flatten Surgical Area

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen . It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard , Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.