I have had male chest reduction (body tite) is this swelling or bad lipo? (photos)

I had bodytite 3 days ago, chest and sides 2.5 liters was removed. I know I am still swollen and can not expect final results etc for some time however I am struggling to even see a change. I had an ultrasound prior to the lipo (separate company) and was told I have relatively small amount of gland tissue hence picking lipo alone. Should I expect a much better result 3-6 months down the line or was it just poor lipo?

What to Expect after Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff..

Male chest reduction

Post liposuction, you can expect increased swelling for the first week.  After that it should start to decrease. To see the  final result will take up to 3 months. 

Be patient, the results with liposuction are not immediate.

Charles V. Pledger, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon