36 Depressed about jowls, don't want a face lift just yet? (Photo)

Doctor Answers 5

No face lift yet

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

In looking at your picture in enlarged mode it appears you have a lot of volume loss in the lower face and jaw area.  The area under your eyes still look great.  Juvederm and Voluma in combo would give you a fantastic fill along the jaw line and around the mouth.  I do not see any permanent frown around the mouth so likely using Botox would not help that much. Thanks for your question.  Dr O

36 Depressed about jowls, don't want a face lift just yet

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  I would not recommend a face lift.   There are a variety of different fillers avail to help volumize the face and improve the jowls.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.  

Don't need facelift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for the great question and the photos. It looks like you have a long a narrow face and may have lost a little volume as you've gotten older. In my opinion you would be a great candidate for hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers. They will not only restore some of the lost volume, but they also provide a little "lift" to the lower part of your face in the process. May sure you see someone who is a very experienced injector. Heather Furnas and Paco Canales are two fantastic plastic surgeons in Santa Rosa if you're looking for someone. Best of luck!~Dr. Sieber

David A. Sieber, MD
San Francisco General Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 40 reviews

You might also like...

Filler for Jowls

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are many options available to you at this time. Multiple devices and treatments will provide improvement to the areas of concern. To start, Botox, when properly done around the mouth can help provide a minor lift, especially at the corner of the mouth. This is called the "Nefertiti Lift" where botox is injected into the muscles which depress the mouth. This is not a simple injection and should only be done in experienced hands as injecting the incorrect muscles or over injecting can result in significant asymmetries or difficulties speaking. Another option is filler. I like to use a lightly blended Voluma and inject along the jaw and chin to strengthen these areas and help mask the jowling. This is a great application for the cannula technique. Lastly skin tightening devices such as Pelleve will offer some improvement as they stimulate collagen and provide a small lift. Often a combination of these things works best.

Anthony J. Wilson, MD
Portsmouth Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Facial rejuvevnation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. You have excellent bone structure, but subtle early volume loss that is accentuating lines in the lower face. I think you are an excellent candidate for Sculptra injections, which is a treatment that my younger cosmetic patients seem to really like. Sculptra is a milk sugar derivate that is injected beneath the skin in order to stimulate production of new collagen. Patients usually require a series of about 4 injections spaced out once monthly. The results take a few months to develop (no instant gratification as with hyaluronic acid fillers), but they are long-lasting. Sculptra has been studied out to 2 years, but seems to last much longer than that. Please don't let anyone change your excellent facial structure by placing too much volume in your cheeks, which is a mistake I see all the time. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Consider getting two opinions before getting treated. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.