5 months post op FUE Hair Transplant, can I use caboki hair concealer?

i have done FUE and completed almost 5 months, I can feel the new growth, but just wanted to know,how long it takes for complete growth, yesterday i saw few hairs falling down, is it normal after 5 months? Also i have started using "Caboki-Hair concealer"( kind of black powder, which i am putting on my thin areas, so that i can hide my thin areas, is this safe? does it stops or destroys my transplanted hairs or roots. Thank you

Caboki or Toppik Microfiber after FUE Hair Surgery

If my patients are using fibers to conceal balding I have them stop using it for 2-3 weeks after their surgery. At 5 months you can use it without any problems and it should not have any effect on the transplanted follicles.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

5 months following a hair transplant

Concealers can be applied anytime after about 6 weeks when everything is healed. There are many good concealers on the market. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post op hair transplant

You can return to your regular routine after three weeks of doing hair transplant and that includes using concealers. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Yes

You can use hair fibers few days after surgery. It is always a good idea to follow up with your doctor for a recheck if you have concerns.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Using topical hair fibers after a transplant

It's safe to use topical fibers - even after the first few weeks. Certainly after month 5 it is perfectly fine. Advise your hair transplant physician though as it's always a good idea to keep him or her in the loop

It takes 9 months to sometimes up to 18 months for 'full' final results from a hair transplant. The vast majority of patients have pretty nice results around month 10.

Some shedding is completely normal. 

Microfibers at Five Months After FUE

Shedding hair could be seen at any point after a hair transplant since your native hair and transplanted ones are constantly going through a recycling process and they may shed hair before they can start growing a new one.

Using microfibers like Toppik or Caboki cannot harm your transplanted hair and could be started a few weeks after a hair transplant.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon