What happens if one uses 70% Glycolic Peel on hands and legs?

I used 70% glycolic peel on hands and legs months ago for 10 minutes 6 months ago.There was no redness or stinging. My skin has felt strange since then. No matter what lotion I apply it seems to not penetrate the skin. What could aforementioned peel application cause? Can I remedy it? Heartfelt thanks .

Thanks for your query. Glycolic peels lighten the skin. It comes in various strengths. 70 % glycolic acid peel is a strong peel and should be used only by a dermatologist. There is a high chance that you might have burnt the skin. It is advisable to visit a dermatologist as soon as possible. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Glycolic acid peels

even 70% glycolic acid is not a very deep peel and the results could not last for 6 months if any results at all.  Make sure you are using a cleansing bar and not a soap and apply Vaseline on moist skin after your shower

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist