Can I go hiking or do more challenging exercises 4-6 weeks after Vaser Liposuction to abdomen/flanks/inner thighs?

Can I go on a relatively easy trail hike ( similar to LA's Griffith observatory trails) 4-6 weeks after Vaser liposuction?

Vaser Liposuction

Dear Radiya

I would not expect any issues but be sure that your pressure garment is nice and firm after the treatment and stays on as per the advice you are given.

The amount of fat removed does seem to have an influence on the degree of swelling experienced post procedure. While 6 weeks should be fine, for some 4 weeks is difficult.

Kind Regards

Dr Dinesh Maini

Zenith Cosmetic Clinic

London Physician

Activity after VASER Lipo

It's generally OK to resume a walking program 1-2 weeks after liposuction and more vigorous exercise 3-4 weeks post-op. Continue lymphatic massage and compression as directed by your surgeon. It's not unusual to have some swelling for up to 6 months post-op.

Roby F. Hayes, MD
Portland Physician

Exercise after vaser liposuction

I tell my patients they can swim after about 3 weeks and exercise after 4-6 weeks. Some people swell more than others so I would get the surgeon to review the areas if you are planning to exercise at 4 weeks. If you are at 6 weeks you should be fine to exercise. Wear your garment for support during the hike to avoid swelling. Enjoy the hiking 

Joseph Ajaka, MD, MBBS
Sydney Physician

Exercise/Liposuction Question--Ask Doctor and Add Hyperbaric Oxygen, Massage, Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Cellutone to aftercare

Yes, this should be fine, but I recommend following up with your Doctor about their protocol regarding exercise after liposuction. After hi definition liposuction, I recommend waiting 3-4 weeks before beginning to exercise and to stop if there is any discomfort. For liposuction after care, I recommend adding hyperbaric oxygen and lymphatic massage along with your compression to help decrease swelling. To improve your final results, I also recommend adding vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the skin’s appearance. Best, Dr. Emer