I have two very large deep dents on each buttock due to injections. How can I get rid of them? (Photo)

I think they happend due to injections at young age that I almost couldn't walk of pain later on,I have them for so long, I'm now 22 and my buttocks look so horrible, also the left cheek is kind of deformed ,it's hard to stand that, really want to get to rid of them, it seems they get bigger by time to me, what are the treatmentsand average costs? Thank you.

Sculptra for buttock dents

I would say that fat grafting is a great way to fill in minor defects associated with injections like you show in your photos.  An alternative option is to use a dermal filler like Sculptra which can provide long lasting filling of the dimples by stimulating your own collagen.  I would recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who can discuss with you the different options to fill the dimples.  Good luck.

Dents

Thank you for your question and photo.  I would recommend that you consider fillers to correct for the dents that you in your buttocks.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon in person to see what would be best for you as well as what the cost would be.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Big dents in one's buttock: an after-vaccination effect versus cellulite; treatments

Thank you for your questions about #buttock.

Vaccination and other medication injections can give soft tissue loss and secondary dents.  

I must say that most injections in the buttocks are normally performed in the UPPER and OUTER quadrant of the buttocks so important nerve and blood vessels are avoided.  Dents can be improved temporarily with #DermalFillers such as Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, Voluma, Emervel, etc. or better, with your own #fat as with #FatGrafting aka #FatTransfer.

Now when I see your pictures, it does remind me also of the common cellulite and it is lower than most buttock injections.  I see this almost every day in my busy offices in Toronto and Richmond Hill, Canada.  

Cellulite is a different issue.  It is an intradermal tethering. You may well have a combination of both as cellulite is very common over the buttocks in ladies.

I treat the severe cellulitic indentations the same way the Brazilians do:  with subcision (small incision and release of the tethered bands) and then I allow some bruising to occur and then secondary internal scarring.  This often improve the deep dent significantly.  One it is 'subcised' and released, I often add either some fillers or better, some fat grafting.

Unfortunately, we have not yet found the perfect laser to correct cellulite, hence the high number of different technologies on the market.

Hope this helps!

Dr Marc DuPere, Toronto and Richmond Hill Royal College board-certified Plastic surgeon

Marc DuPere, MD

Dents are common after vaccinations..

Hello! Dents in the buttocks are common after vaccinations. There are a number of filler options to consider for filling these areas.  The fillers range from using your own fat, to an "off the shelf" filler. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, and she will go over the pros and cons to each type of filler.
Good luck.

Anne Taylor, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon