I have tazorac cream 0.1 and aczone cream. Don't know if I'm applying it right, advice?

Dr said to apply tazorac to whole face and aczone for spot treatment . But aczone directions say pea size to hole face to. How do I spot treat if my chin and jaw line have a lot cystic acne and pimples . I pretty much have to put it on my hole chin and around mouth area.

Apply to acne prone areas

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This cream, Tazorac, like other retinoids is designed to PREVENT break outs, so the usual instructions is to apply to acne prone areas. eg. The T zone, or in your case the chin and mouth area. If you don not have acne on the forehead, for example, you don not need to apply Tazorac there. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Laser dermatologist. Brisbane. Australia. 

Aczone and tazorac for acne

I would call the office to clarify the instructions.  Both medicines can be used on the full face or as spot treatments, but in my experience, I like to use both for full face treatment.  Tazorac is very strong, so I usually recommend only using a pea size amount for the full face.  Every doctor is different, so I recommend calling to find out exactly how your doctor intended you to use the meds.  

Jacquelyn Dosal, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon