will tazorac worsen wrinkles initially?

I have started to apply tazorac near my eyes over the last 2 weeks (previously have used on my face away from eyes only). I notice wrinkles are MORE noticeable. is this normal? will this get better with continued use? thanks

Tazorac

Hi there and thank you for your question. I love Tazorac and frequently refer to it as the rolls royce of topical retinoids, although some patients find it very difficult to tolerate. What you are perceiving as wrinkles is actually dryness and flaking caused by Tazorac use, which accentuates normal skin markings. Do not fret. Wrinkles do not form that quickly. I suggest frequent moisturization with a facial lotion and hydration with plenty of fluids until your skin acclimates. The first couple of months of retinoid use is the worst, but so worth it in the end. Good luck!

New Orleans Dermatologist