I was told I have melasma on my face. Does a ematrix laser treatments help or make it worse?

EMatrix and melasma

eMatrix is definitely not indicated for melasma. There are many other method to safely and effectively treat melasma (see web reference for a video). 

eMatrix is a good energy device to remodel early acne scars, and to help stimulate collagen production- this is what it is designed for. 

For melasma, lasers such as Q switch, pico lasers and Fraxel in conjunction with medical prescription cream is the treatment of choice. 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist 
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Melasma and Best Treatment

I have so many patients who had Clear and Brilliant, Fraxel, and Tri-Vantagel Lasers only to have their Melasma made worse.  I really think that the best treatments are peels and Cosmelan.  I have found Cosmelan to be amazing at treating Melasma.  The only patients whose melasma have been stubborn are those who have been treated in the past with Fraxel and eMatrix.  You can see on my web site a woman who I treated with peels after someone treated her melasma with Fraxel.  Please be careful as this is an expert dermatological treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

Melasma and Sun Spots -- Best Treamtent Is Clear + Brilliant / Fraxel 1927 with Microneedling PRP, Pro Yellow is Useful

I never found ematrix that useful that is why I dont use it in my practice any longer.  Other radiofrequency treatments like venus viva or skinfinity have helped but I find that clear + brilliant with microneedling does best.  I suggest a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer

Melasma Duo Pak from Kare Skin

The eMatrix device was not FDA cleared as a treatment for melasma.

However, it does help make the skin tighter, treats acne scars, has been shown to even out hyperpigmentation.

I recommend that you start a regimen of Melarase products, called the Melasma Duo Pak from KareSkin on the link below. It has an AM and PM cream that helps reduce the pigmenttion of melasma.

See the link below to order these products. 

Best
Dr Karamanoukian