Can you fraxel then do PRP on the same day?

Fraxel and PRP Can Be Done in the Same Day

You can surely do both on the same day – many do if they believe in the benefits of PRP. Many dermatologists are still on the fence as to the benefits of PRP, but there are those out there who are big proponents.

If you do a fractional treatment, you are creating small holes in the skin, and this is perfect for PRP, or another skin care product to get into the skin immediately after treatment, and thus work to make the skin even better. We call this process drug delivery – and you will be hearing more and more about this as we continue to develop the best techniques for this process.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel and PRP

I do this routinely for my patients.  We first do laser, next inject the PRP, and finally microneedle the PRP into the skin.  Amazing results can be seen quickly and it speeds the healing time of the fraxel.  But you really need to go to someone who has experience doing this type of combination to prevent complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel and PRP on the same day

I would suggest that you do Fraxel and PRP on different days.  Fraxel is a fabulous laser for treatment sun damage or acne scars but the best results take a few days to heal.  I would suggest that you have the Fraxel done and wait a week to do the PRP so that your skin heals first.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with PRP for the best cosmetic results.

Fraxel and PRP on the same day.

Fraxel and PRP can be performed on the same day.  First Fraxel would be done and then PRP.  Be prepared for some puffiness and perhaps bruising for several days after the treatment.  This combination treatment is great for skin rejuvenation and acne scars.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist