Fraxel for indentation on nose? (Photo)

I've had this indentation on my nose since I was a teenager, and was wondering what was the best option for such a thing (lasers vs. fillers?). It seems I have large pores as well and was wondering if fraxel would help resurface my nose.

Fraxel laser for Scars and Enlarged Pores

Fraxel laser is a fabulous laser for treating acne scars and enlarged pores.  It takes several treatments to best minimize these scars.  In addition it may also take some injections of fillers to raise very indented scars.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Fraxel and laser treatments.

Indented scars

Small indented scars on the nose can be helped with lasers. I like a combination of CO2 laser, first to flatten the lip of the scar with classic settings, followed by resurfacing of the entire cosmetic unit of the nose with fractionated setting. Fillers may be needed afterwards. Larger indented scars are best surgically removed, followed by stitching closed, followed by laser to the surgical scar.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Saint Louis Dermatologic Surgeon