Can fraxel laser be used on my back and chest for old acne scars?

I am 45 years old and I have pale skin. If I had treatments on my chest, I assume I would need to shave it, and would the laser help reduce the scarring and not effect the hair growing back, For my back, would it be a problem sleeping and resting on my back which could jeopardise the results?

Fraxel for Acne Scars

Thank you for your question. Yes, Fraxel is a good choice for treating acne scars on the back and chest. You should not have to shave your chest and the results should not be affected by your sleeping position. I hope this helps!

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel laser for acne scars on chest and back

Fraxel® laser can be very effective in smoothing old acne scars on the back, but may take 4-6 treatments, spaced 2-3 months apart. Results vary, based on the appearance and severity of your scars.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Fraxel Laser on Back and Chest for Scars

Fraxel is a fabulous laser for treating scars on the face, arms, chest, or back.  Treatment should not be affected by your hair and certainly not sleeping on your back.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Fraxel Laser for the best results.

Yes, Fraxel can be used for the back and shoulders

Fraxel is done at many different settings, and could be done on the back/shoulders for acne scars. Talk with an expert dermatologist about specific concerns you may have, as every person's skin is different.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Laser Can Be Done Off the Face

All fractional lasers can be done off the face, that is one of the true benefits of these devices, but having said this, they need to be done off-face by a skilled board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. The fractional lasers should have little effect on hairs and if you sleep one way or the other. The main thing for you is to consult with someone skilled in your area, and to have those scars taken away.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon